Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Low Calorie tacos

Getting bored with the same old foods on your low calorie diet? yeah I was too until I started getting a bit creative, I am going to post up an easy recipe for a 350 calorie bean taco dinner that fills me up every time! This recipe can be made into a 490 calorie meal with the addition of 2oz of sliced steak or chicken, the chicken would be a little less than steak. I know I can get a little wordy sometimes I will try and keep this as not wordy as I can. I will give the amounts for a single persons plate which makes 3 tacos, here goes.

What you will need
1/2 cup refried beans (old el paso brand has 90 calories per 1/2 cup thats what I use)
3 Mission brand small white corn tortilla's
1oz Cabot 50% lite cheddar cheese
2oz sliced tomatos
1oz Iceberg lettuce
2 slices of Jalapeno (old el paso in a jar)
1 tbsp La Victoria red taco sauce (use salsa if you like that better)
1oz finely chopped Onion

Optional items
2oz of your favorite steak sliced into thin strips
or
2oz roasted skinless chicken breast sliced into thin strips

What to do

1
Remove 1/2 cup of the beans from the can and stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes, while that is going place 3 tortillas on a plate and chop up your Tomato, Lettuce, onion and Jalapeno.

2 When the beans are done put some on each tortilla evenly distributed and the 1oz of shredded cheese, also evenly spread between the 3 tortillas.

if using steak or chicken add it on step 2 so that the veggies are on top of the meat.


3 You will evenly place all of the veggies onto the 3 tortillas as well and add your taco sauce or salsa on top along with the Jalapeno.

4 Sit back and enjoy your 350 Calorie meal that WILL fill you up and is pretty good if I do say so myself.

I hope you enjoy this meal if you decide to make it, I just sorta started putting things together and ended up with this one day. as usual I thank you for reading.

As Ever
Me

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good! My husband won't eat refried beans (weirdo), but I do, and so this would be great for me! My husband would want the steak or chicken only, so we could have that for his.
    Thanks for the idea. Keep 'em coming! It's cool to get a recipe from someone with the portions and the calories already figured out for you.

    ReplyDelete