Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 23

I will combine the exercise post with the day 23 post because I didn't get a chance to post it up yet. exercise was the normal 15 mins on the bike and the push ups (which are getting easier) and some light stretching, nothing special to report about the exercise.

The day went fine eating wise and I came really close to the 1500 mark again, and anything that is on my list for the last week or so where I say 2% milk is wrong, the wife pulled a fast one on me and bought 1% fat free milk, so the cals are slightly lower where milk was used, nothing significant. I have decided to set my second short term goal, the first one is to get below the 500's the second will be to hit 479lbs, which is what my weight was the last time I weighed myself about 5 years ago, and that is the first time I have ever spoken about that weight to anyone! except my wife earlier today. I think it will be a major milestone to get below that 479 for me just to know its the lowest in 5 years.

A possible speed bump came into my mind when my son had a Cadbury creme egg yesterday, and I have to admit those things are my biggest weakness. I can't get enough of them around Easter. I think I am going to challenge myself with the chance at a treat for a reward. if I can get to 479 by Easter, I will treat myself to 4 Cadbury eggs to eat 1 per week starting on Easter day, and the calories will be outside my 1500 limit for which ever day I have them, they are only 150 calories each by the way ;). thats 33 lbs in just about 2 months perfectly. i think its a good motivator and at a total cost of 600 calories spread over 4 weeks if I make it. My father gave me the Idea of not cutting a treat now and then out completely. anyways I am blabbing away again, let me get to the menu.

01/23/2008

Breakfast
8:30 AM
2 cups bran cereal 180
1 cup 2% milk 130

Lunch
12:40 PM
1 can lite Progresso soup 120
7.5 Ritz crackers 120
16oz green tea 3 tspn sugar 75

1:45 PM
1 banana 120

Dinner
6:00 PM
1/2 cup refried beans (3 tacos) 90
3 small mission white tortillas 165
1oz Kraft lite cheddar cheese 50
2 oz tomato 10
1oz lettuce 5
2tblsp All Natural Salsa 10
1 Van de camp fish fillet 140
2 slices jalapeno 5
large glass crystal light 25

8:45 PM
12 oz 1% Milk 165
Quaker Rice Cake 60


Grand total of 1470 calories for the day, not a bad day. we tweaked the taco recipe that I posted up a while back and made fish tacos, which if I do say so myself were pretty good. its so hard to stay off of that scale! I want to get on it every half hour lol. once again I thank you for reading, Thanks!

As Ever
Me

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh....Cadbury Creme Eggs. Those are my absolute favorite, too. Those and the Cadbury Robin Eggs, which are just the BEST milk chocolate, with a candy coating. You know, the ones that are pastel colors....and are so addictive.

    I'm also worried about Valentine's day. I always make some kind of treat for my kids' classes, like cookies, to bring for their Valentine's Day parties. What will I do this year? I don't want to use up my big cheat on Valentine's day....because my birthday is the day after (2/15). I guess that could be a good thing, since I'll just be able to combine the "cheat" into both occasions (Valentines and my birthday). I didn't even think about Easter -and all the awesome junk that the Easter bunny will bring...
    Great day yesterday! You're staying right on track, every day! My husband loves fish tacos. We may make those sometime (for him...I don't eat fish).
    Kudos to wify for switching the milk without you even noticing! Good thinking.
    I like how you turned the Cadbury egg thing from being a speed bump, to being a reward, once a week. That's good thinking. Great idea.
    Keep posting! TTYL,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too sure on the fish taco's, but hey, one never knows til they try.Good job on calories, and setting up a doable reward system is key. You are right on track!

    ReplyDelete