Friday, June 12, 2009

200 pounds lost! Photos inside!

Today is that day, the day that I was to wake up and see if I hit that 200 pound mark, a double century if you will, I am just going to get right to it and tell you that when I woke up this morning I went straight to the scale and well what do ya know, it said 334.4lbs and I know that I had a smile on my face. That is a 5 pound drop from last week and let me tell ya I earned it this week with the running and ST that I have done!

528 days ago I weighed 534 pounds and I can still remember how I felt on that day when I started down this path to better health, unsure that I would make it a week and decided to start a blog to stay accountable. Now through nothing more than sticking to it I have lost 200 pounds of extra weight, No miracle pill, no costly plan that makes someone else money so that I can try to lose weight, I did not have a surgery, I did not eat a Gypsy pie and I do not belong to a gym and yet here I am 200 pounds less. I, if I am being honest did not think that I could do this without a surgery but I had to try something because I was getting to a point where daily life was getting harder and harder and having a surgery seemed like the only way that it would happen. I figured what do I have to lose besides the weight, and the decision was made to try it on my own and here I am today 200 pounds less for my efforts, here are some "200 pounds lost pics" or your viewing pleasure, they are all clickable for a larger image.

From 534 to 334 all together.

Face from 534 to 334 pounds, I am unsure of the second photo's weight but the first is 534lbs, 3rd is 134lbs lost and the final is obviously 200lbs pounds lost.

Full length shot, 200 pounds lost.

Finally my muscle man pose, I took this one just fooling around but I liked it so here it is.

At the end of the day its just a number but man what a number it is! I don't think this club has all too many members but I am one of those people that can say "I have lost 200 pounds" and I did it based purely on determination. I have watched a couple people in my family struggle with weight for a long time and they always seem to put the weight back on within a month or 2 after losing a few pounds and I am hoping that me dropping 200 pounds in the last year and a half might get them to stick with it and see that it is possible to lose massive amounts of weight and not put it back in the following month.

I still have a long way to go before I hit my goal weight and beyond but if I were the betting kind of guy I would go with whoever thinks that I will get there because I have no plans on stopping now. Thanks for all of the support and emails that you all have left for me in the last 17 months and if you are reading this blog for the first time now you know that losing this kind of weight IS possible with some hard work, good food choices and exercise.

In the words of Forest Gump, "that's all I got to say about that".

As Ever
Me

53 comments:

  1. hooray hooray hooray!!!

    congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    you totaly earned this :)
    I am so proud of you :) I will definitely brag for you to my friends and family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you honey! Things just keep on getting better.

    Wify

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. You're definitely an inspiration to keep working hard.
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog this week and have been hooked. I woke up this morning and was thinking about whether or not you had made it. WAY TO GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!!! YOU DID IT! Great job! Keep up the hard work! You can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! That is such a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited and proud of you!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WTG I knew you could do it!! You are such a great motivator and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a lean mean machine!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fucking phenomenal man. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an inspiration. The main thing I came away with after reading your post was this.....you say you really did nothing more then STICK WITH IT. That is the key.

    Thanks for sharing your journey with me. It gives me hope....if you can do it, maybe I can do it.

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude! That's awesome! Way to go! And best of luck in your running endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great Tony, Congrats!!! I hope to one day join the club.

    You need to let your daughter know you need a fresh coat lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pics! Congrats on a *HUGE* accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been lurking on your blog here for about 2 months and I've been waiting for you to hit this!! Congrats. You really are an inspiration and at a time when I really need it. Good Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. woohoo well done on a fantastic 200 lb loss.. that's so inspirational and such wonderful news to see how far you've come and will contine to go...

    I raise a glass of H20 to you sir... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. >>Applause, applause, applause<< Outstanding, fantabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!
    You are inspiring. What a phenomenal accomplishment. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so glad I found your blog! I am a first time reader and I am so HAPPY for you! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to your continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello- :)

    I saw your post on 3fatchicks and came over to check out your blog! I just wanted to say YOU ROCK!!

    - that is all.... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations. You stuck with it, which is more than I can say for myself. Here, I am disgusted with my seeming inability to lose weight no matter how I exercise and eat less. But, yes, perhaps it is all just a matter of consistency and time, as your success story indicates.
    You have shamed me in into saying, ok, a little bit more, don't give up.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like you might have inspired some people - do I smell a book deal in your future? :)

    Excellent job! If you keep proving people don't need expensive diets and gym memberships, you're going to put the diet industry out of business! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bravo! So much inspiration for so many!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations!!!

    You are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All I have to say is dang it, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. great job, I have lost 10 lbs and have 120 lbs to go. Your story helps me out alot. I don't have 200 lbs to go and here you are, you've already lost more than i have to lose total. I am impressed.
    Keep up the Good work,
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, that is truly amazing! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. CONGRATUNLATIONS!! You are phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are very inspirational to us all. For those just beginning, in the middle of the journey, and at the end just trying to lose the last little bit.

    Oh, and by the way, love the Addidas t-shirt but DUDE you need a SMALLER one! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic achievement! You should be very proud of yourself. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  33. How wonderful - congratulations! I hope to join you one day....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for all of the support! I appreciate EVERY comment and EVERY Email that I got due to this post!

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  35. Every time I look at your photos, and I do each time I read a diff blog on ur pages, I am amazed, intrigued & am reminded that I CAN DO THIS TOO! You are REAL and you didn't succumb to surgery to get healthy! I'm so proud of you, yeah, no right of mine other than to be another person of the human race, but I am proud just the same!

    You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off. You did a good job. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats you are an inspiration! I really enjoy reading your blogs. I think you may have a gift as a writer... you have a great sense of humor. I do have one question...is that nail polish on your toes? LOL love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow, you are a serious inspiration.
    i'm a 16 year old girl who doesn't need to lose weight or be more fit or anything of the sort, but your blog inspires me to get off my butt and do whatever it is i put my mind to. even the impossible.
    (:
    best of wishes~

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, Congratulations. I'm kind of in the same boat, I've lost 123.5 pounds in the past 10 months. It is really a journey, but as time goes on things seem to get a little easier, I'm use to my diet now. I'm use to my exercise routine. it's second nature. After quitting fast food I've started noticing calorie counts of some of my old favorites...and I'm astonished. I would eat a days worth of fat, Sodium and Calories in *one* fast food sitting. Things changed and I'm glad I have made that choice. your story is very inspiring. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello I was very moved by the story of you and your wife. I am too tring so hard to lose wieght and I have no one to push me like you do. Keep it up and I will too I am soooo proud of you and your wife. God bless you every step of your way......

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats on the achievement man!

    You don't know me but you inspired me to say and do the same thing.

    125 down since I found your blog last year...75 more to go for me.

    Thank you!

    Bo

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow congrats you look awesome... I always thought to myself it would take a miracle to lose 100 + lbs., but after reading your blog I can say it isn't going to take a miracle just some hard work and determination.... Thank you for being a inspiration to us all that struggle with our weight..... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

    ReplyDelete
  43. Never met you - but I have tears in my eyes at your amazing accomplishment. I think those photos are so moving.

    And by the way...you are looking HOT HOT HOT! Wify better be keeping an eye on you! (And how about another picture for the next weigh in?)

    ReplyDelete
  44. 200 lbs, that's about what I'm trying to lose as well. about 45 pounds down so far. You're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  45. My ol' My.. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have 97 more lbs to loose and you really are inspiring. I followed your journey on sparkpeople, and I'm glad to find your blogspot once again. This time I am determined to be persistent, I am now keeping a food diary and counting every calorie I put in my mouth. You have taught me that consistentcy and persistence is the key. Thank you ! You give me hope that I can achieve and succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love looking around your blog, reading randomly some of your writing.. I'm getting my fix of ispiration..to keep on keeping on... xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. You are truly an Inspiration to all. You look great. Happy to hear that you have a loving and caring wife by your side..I have to lose at 200lbs and i started two weeks ago. Thank god i have a loving husband who loves me for me..You give me the strength that i need..Thank You.. Good Luck. I know you'll do great and get to your goal weight.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! You look like a totally different person!! Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete