Saturday, February 16, 2008

The fortysixth day part Deux.

I didn't have a lot of time earlier to post up but I wanted to make sure that I got the menu posted up in case I couldn't make it back on tonight. today was uneventful got some chores done and a nice ride on the bike in the morning along with some push ups. I am feeling good.

I have been thinking about this weight loss and what happens next if I am successful as far as a surgery goes for the excess skin. this is something that is bothering me a bit, one because I don't want to have all of this extra skin on me that doesn't hold anything in any more. secondly the cost, I have looked around and its very expensive and I am worried that I will be walking around with this 20 lbs of skin on me and that will not be good. so I have been bothered with that as of late. I know that it is a long way off but I cannot help thinking about how we will not be able to afford the surgery(s) that I will need. I was reading about a fella named Dave smith who weighed 630lbs and lost it. he now weighs 229lbs now, I saw pictures of him pre skin surgery a week ago or so and its been in my head since then. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. its just a bridge that I don't look forward to reaching and at the same time cannot wait to get there. bittersweet...

last night I went through all of my pants and took out all of the pairs that are 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing in December and put them into my dresser and put all of the larger sized pants on the back shelf in the closet. I have to say that was a great feeling. all of the pants I was wearing 2 months ago are just much too big right now. I can still wear them with a belt but they are noticeably big on me.

Wify is pushing me off of the computer so that we can watch "The Brave one" with Jody Foster, she rented it tonight so I will cit this off here for now and will be posting tomorrow with todays menu. I just wanted to post a full on entry for today. Thanks for all of the support.

As Ever
Me

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tony-
    I am sorry to hear of your worries. I looked on the internet a little this morning and found some interesting sites. Have you done much in the way of investigating the subject? I am going to email you a few links I came across. I am interested in helping you find your answers. So I am going to do some searches at my end too. I am happy you are thinking this through to the end. Seeing yourself at your goal weight is part of your success. I believe visualizing your goal helps tremendously. Keep up the good work. You have some time to resolve this, and we can find a way. There are always resources, it's finding them that is difficult. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Tony--try not to worry too much about that. Of course, I would proably be the same way. I've even thought to myself, "Do people that lose 50 pounds have extra skin?" I'm wondering, though, if the people that have such problems with that have lost weight very quickly, as they would do after a gastric-bypass surgery. I wonder if it is less likely to happen when you lose the weight at a slower pace? Also, you said you have always been very muscular, and have lifted weights. Maybe when you start really lifting again, you'll, in effect, "refill" your skin with muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony! Have you thought about budgeting for it? I mean, if you see this as something you'll eventually have to do, then why not make yourself small payments into a savings acoount especially for that? That way, it won't be as much of a financial hit. Here's another thing to consider, too... other countries are a lot cheaper and actually have better surgeons. Maybe you could do a search on that in the meantime as well. This is a surgery I'm actually looking forward to as well, and these are things I've considered, so I just thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete