Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 57 Honesty

My weight is not budging, usually by Wednesday I have dropped a decent amount of weight, this entire week since Friday my weight has fluctuated from +1 from Fridays weigh in to -4 and this morning I am at -1 from Fridays weight so 482 as of right this minute, lets just say I am less than enthusiastic about this phenomena. it took 57 days but I am frustrated. there is no way for me to sugar coat this. I am extremely irritated at this sudden wall I have hit, and it IS sudden. I lost 8 lbs last week and here it is just 5 days later and I have been up and down with the weight and am confused and irritated, I am doing nothing different besides I did not exercise on sat-sun which is not abnormal. to say that I am Pissed off at this thing that is happening in my body would only be honest.

can you figure out what it says?

none of that was actually from day 57 as its how I feel this morning. I heard on the news last night that Progresso Italian wedding soup is being pulled from the shelves because of that beef recall, because of the abused animals, Wonderful.....I have a cabinet full of the stuff. I was going to have a long post about the beef industry and why I am not eating it any more but I find myself in a not so creative mood currently. so onto the menu for day 57.

02/26/2008

Breakfast
8:30 AM
1 banana 105
1 tbsp peanut butter 100

11:15 AM
3oz deli turkey breast 100
2 slices lite rye 80
1 tbsp miracle whip 35

Lunch
2:30 PM
1 can low sodium itialian wedding soup 180

4:45 PM
1 pear 120

Dinner
6:30 PM
2 Gorton fish fillets 340
3/4 cup cooked white rice 150
1 cup frozen fresh peas 105
1 pat butter 35

8:30 PM
10oz 1% milk 137

Grand total of 1487 calories
for the day, I apologize for the negative post but its the mood of the morning and I have decided instead of posting up the image of a hopeful fellow dancing along the trail to a weight loss, that I would post up honest feelings. I will not post up that all is well when I am so annoyed at this situation. thanks for reading and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

As Ever
Me

4 comments:

  1. Tony- Much like the rest of us, you have every right to be frustrated and I think it's a good thing to vent. I know it was for me, and you were there for support. I return the favor. If you need to mf or wtf anything- get it out. I watched Biggest Loser last night, and there was a guy that lost 16 lbs last week, and only 1 lb this week. He was diligent in all areas( food choices, exercise,sleep) and was in tears. I know not much I say helps how you feel, but I believe this is "but a mere flesh wound"( thanks Monte Python) and you'll be back at it in no time. There must be something about hitting the 7-8 week mark, cause lots of people seem to be having these struggles. Remember as much as this is a physical challenge- it's just as much mental. Almost more a mental challenge I think for me.
    You have been on track, not like you are out eating at buffets, so dont blame yourself. It might be time to reanalyze and change up a thing or two? I dont know, I wish I could say whatever is the right answer, cause I know how hard to are trying. Keep staying positive- I know you have it in you. And you know you have us all here for support.
    Every pound counts! No matter what the number.
    Also, with all your exercise, I am sure you are developing more muscle- Remember that too.
    Hope you have a great day. :--)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep wanting to go back and look at one of my posts where someone (I think it was Tigerlilly) made some kind of comment about how when you exercise more, your muscles retain water or something like that....
    I'm not sure, but I keep thinking that the lack of the budge on the scale is just temporary and may have something to do with the exercise. I'm sure you NEED NOT worry so much, because the calories ARE being burned. You HAVE created a deficiency, and now your body just has to "let go" of that weight. It will do it. Just try (as hard as you possibly can) to be patient. I know it must be really hard to be O.K. with a loss of only 1 pound or so when you've been spoiled with losing 6-8 a week, but I know that you are on a one-way street to losing big weight, and you may just have to give it a TINY bit more time. Remember that you were pretty well below your calories a few days recently. You know just like everyone knows that apparently your body CAN go into "starvation mode" when it thinks it's not getting enough, and it MIGHT hold onto everything it can until it feels comfortable that you're not living through a famine or something. At the point when your body realizes that it isn't going to starve to death, I think it will "let go" of that weight that it is so desperately clutching to. Don't you worry, Harrison, ebryting gone be ahight. ;)
    I don't blame you one bit, though, for venting on here! That's good therapy. Keep it up. Cuss that scale! Get it out!! You'll be glad you did, so that a few weeks from now, after all of this is history and you've resumed the weight loss like normal, you may hit another wall temporarily and feel the same way. You'll be able to look back at this frustrated post and tell yourself that "this, too, shall pass."
    Keep up your good work, and aim to getting closer to the 1500 mark for a few days and see if that doesn't help budge that weight out of your body's "emergency stockpile." Or don't - because I wouldn't want you to blame me if that doesn't work!! :) It's just an idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was Tigerlilly that mentioned something about muscles and water retention. She made that comment on my "Skipping Weigh In" post on January 29th. I think she made a good point, and I believe that she may have been right about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for the support. I know I am the first one to say that a pound is a pound but man, something has changed for me to go from 8 to +1 and then -1 lb and frustration kicked in. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks because I mean it when I say it.

    As Ever
    Tony

    ReplyDelete