Friday, May 2, 2008

A terrible day....weighing in.

For the fat that thought it had a permanent residence on my body! it is truly amazing what one can accomplish with a little bit of determination mixed in with some drive and a side of hard work, when you stop making excuses and just do what you know needs to be done some really good things happen. I woke up this morning with high hopes that I would have lost a lot this week and man did I! I am down to 441 pound this morning! thats an eight pound loss from last week, 8 pounds?!?! to say that I am ecstatic would be cheating how I feel. I almost skipped the 40's all together and am very satisfied this morning. I cannot say that this has been the easiest thing in the world to accomplish, but I can say that it was not the most difficult either. I have worked my ass off to get to this point, I have done this for Me and my family, I did this without the surgery that just 4 months ago I thought was my only option and for those of you that have followed me along from the beginning know, fear is what was driving me, the fear is gone and its pure Drive and determination at the wheel now.


This UM V2S 650 weighs in at 441 lbs


I am healthier today than I have been in years, I can now walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded, hell I can run up that same flight of stairs now and don't even realize that I did it until I think about how I would slowly walk up the stairs damning the fact that my bedroom is on the second floor the entire time just a few months ago. another thing is my range in walking, last summer I was at a park with my wife, children and my father and we decided to go for a short walk to a broken bridge and waterfall in the back of the park, the bridge is less than 1/2 mile from the road block on a paved road, I made it half way and had to turn around because of back pain, today its a different story, now I go hiking on a trail thats roughly a mile long at a different park, with inclines and through the woods and I am carrying my daughter on my shoulders the whole time and stop only because the park is closing and we need to get out! so to say that quality of life has improved is stating it lightly.

To anyone that reads this and is struggling with a weight issue, I want you to know that You can do it. you can drop the weight thats holding you back from what you want to do. there is nothing special about me, I am not superhero weight loss guy. I did not pay someone a small fortune for their miracle fix which requires me to buy books, meal plans, gym memberships or any specialized foods. I am merely a fellow that had enough with being that token fat guy, mix up some drive with a little determination and a lot of hard work and the results will come for you.

I am going to sit here and smile for a bit, thanks for reading.

As Ever
Me

12 comments:

  1. I bet your feet arent even on the ground! great job doesnt even begin to sum up your efforts. WOW!
    I think your ending statement says it all. YOU had the power to do this, and it's important for everyone to know they can do it. It isnt always easy, it doesnt happen without fear or frustration, but the feelings you have today are worth more than anyone knows, I'm sure.
    Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of the bikes you post to reflect your current weigh, and had to giggle when I thought you may be posting scooters before this is all said and done. lol I am soo proud of you and am sooo happy for you and your family. ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I was about to say that soon it will be scooters! Haha!!
    GREAT NEWS, TONY!! :D Congratulations!! You've PROVED without a shadow of a doubt that calori-counting WORKS! No special plans, books, or meals needed...just plain 'ole keeping up with what you've eaten EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And, every single day is what you have done.....and it has PAID OFF!! :D That's so awesome, that you have - all by yourself - proven that will power, determination, and effort will do the job - and do it well, and FAST! It is so amazing that you've stuck with it every day so far, and you continue to feel better and better, and enjoy the results from your hard labor. It's so hard to stick to something like this every day - especially during weeks when you lose little to nothing....knowing good and well that if you just keep on keeping on - the weight WILL melt away! That fat is NO MATCH for YOU! No matter how much it would like to stick around and bog you down every day, you leave it no choice, but to evaporate into thin air, leaving you lighter, happier, and more full of life each day. I'm very happy for you, and I'm so proud that you have worked this hard and come this far in just 4 months. How long did you think it would take you to get down to 441?? Probably a lot longer than this!!!! So, you have GOT to be on cloud 9, huh?! Reading your blog reminds me that my streak of good luck lately with the weight loss can only get me so far. It's daily discipline with the food that gets big results. I will hold onto that bit of information dearly each day, to remind myself that if I REALLY want to lose the weight that has for so long caused me to feel down and out about myself...all I have to do is follow your recipe of mixing a little drive with some determination and fold in a big heap of hard work to get where I want to be. It's really the only way to win with the weight loss. And, you, my friend?? You're a BIG winner today! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's awesome, you are doing a GREAT job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations on your accomplishment...you must reward yourself for this!!!! thats just amazing.

    As someone with a large amount of weight to lose myself, I want to ask you about your excercising routine?? what type are you doing ?? just curious...Thanks

    Thanks for blogging you are truly and inspiration and everytime i read your updates I am instantly motivated...keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow!
    That is so incredible. 8 lbs in a week? If you put your mind to it, you can really accomplish anything.

    Once you "get it" it's really not that hard. I always say that weight loss is the hardest and the easiest thing to do, at the same time.

    You are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sitting here smiling like I'm some kind of idiot, lol! Congratulations :) I totally agree with you, you don't have to be a superhero, spend a ton of money, join gyms, take pills, etc, etc, etc...it only takes resolve and hard work. Sooooo excited for you right now. Have a great weekend, I know you will, you'll be high on your weigh-in all weekend long lol and I don't blame you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an inspiration! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on all your hard work. thanks for showing the rest of us what true determination looks like. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hot damn you got a ton of comments on this post!

    I am amazed that you just whipped right by the forties and are fixing to enter the thirties without enough time to even take it all in! whoop whoop! have you thought about what you will consider yourself when you are no longer the "token big guy" maybe you'll be the "token health freak" or the "token stay at home Dad" or maybe the "token tall dude" or "token white guy" hmmmmmm?

    I too agree with Sandy and was just about to post about the bike too! I have noticed that they are all getting smaller too!!

    feel like a bad ass now don't ya!

    p.s. thanks for keeping it up because you keep my spirits quite lifted and (even though I am not very competitive) keep me wanting to do more physically too just trying to keep up with you and Andeely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi there,

    I just wanted to pass along my email address to your wife.... She wantd me to email her and since I dont know her addy..I thought i`d send mine...

    jnp01@rogers.com

    Thanks,Jayme

    ReplyDelete