Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The bike is back

I have an easy feeling over me because I have my bike back, so now I feel like I can get in a good cardio workout in no matter the weather. for the first time in probably 2 months I rode the bike and I have to admit that I must have come a ways physically in that time as I rode for 20 minutes and barely felt it, and back when I was riding the bike exclusively for exercise 20 minutes felt like a lot more work. In fact, I only stopped riding because of the seat hurting my behind, so with that said if anyone that rides a bike for exercise reads this and has a suggestion for a nice cooshy seat or knows where one can be had for a fair price I would love to know. Being limited by the seat making me uncomfortable is not good. the workout went like this, start the mp3 player and load it with some Bad Religion and turn that up loud, got on the bike for 21 minutes, 20 mins of riding with me sprinting for a minute at a time every 5 minutes and a 1 min cool down. I stretched and did 50 push ups, 20-15-15, and onto some light dumb bell work, 3 sets of 10 concentration curls, 3 sets of 10 hammer curls, followed up with some lateral raises, 20 to the front 20 to the sides (using fairly light weight for the laterals) . finished up with a nice stretch routine and a glass of water. Even though that was not what I would consider a hard workout, it was a good solid routine and I can really feel it this morning especially in my biceps. I want to try and work a routine like that into the schedule three times per week while keeping the cardio up, and the walks steady through out the week. I feel like I have made it to a point in this weight loss regimen where I can step the exercise up a bit to include some more strength movements because losing muscle and strength is a worry of mine with this much weight to lose. so with that said, even though I am very sore this morning its that good sore, and I will just ride the bike today without the weights, I may or may not do some push ups because I don't want to over do it this being the beginning of the soreness again.

My calories ended up at 1285 for Monday, I ate balanced and spread through out the day. I did not write down the times etc but the food I did, but because I don't have it structured on my excel sheet I am not going to post the exact times and meals for today, I plan on putting the menus back up here regularly in these posts. My weight has stalled at the same weight that I was on Friday, Usually by Tuesday I am down at least a pound so this weeks weigh in should be interesting, and hopefully I do lose something by Friday. I have to admit that I am slightly worried about it but it is what it is and if nothing drops so be it, but hopefully because of the reintroduction of the bike that will not happen and the weight will keep on dropping. the week is looking up because of the bike and yet down because of the no drop as of Tuesday, there is not a gain so I guess thats a positive.

Until next time...

As Ever
Me

4 comments:

  1. You worry too much! You'll have a loss by Friday...I think I would bet on it!
    Great to hear that you got the pedals in, and went straight for the workout! It was easier than it was a few months ago?? That IS good news. Sorry...I have no advice about a seat....maybe you could duck-tape a pillow to the seat?! Haha!!
    Great job with the calories - - I knew you'd recover well from that basket of fried goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any seat suggestions either, but the pillow sounds comfy, lol!

    I'm so glad you got your pedals installed and are back to riding :) I'm jealous of the weight training though, I still want to get some small weights and include some lifting in my workout, but just haven't done it yet. IDKY either. Hmm.

    Anyway, I wouldn't worry about not seeing a loss just yet on the scale. It could just be a low loss week, or you could have put on a bit of muscle. I'm sure by Friday you'll be down a pound or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. andeely, check out craigslist, or if you have a play it again sports in your area, I picked up my bike for I think $35 $40 I can't remember right now, and I got some free weights for $10 off of craigslist. I'm a cheap as when it comes to things like that :) so those prices were perfect for me lol.

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. man I LOVE Craigslist--especially the free section! I check it regularly! My best friend lives in San Diego and they have AWESOME crap they give away over there. Here it usually is actually crap that they are trying to give away! I have seen more than one add for free bird droppings ---- ohhhh theres my poop comment! so what if its on the wrong post! ---- but seriously craigslist is cool PLEASE don't go to the strangers house without your husband and don't let them go to yours either!!!


    I am hyped you got the bike up and running again! Can you put one of those seats like they have in the gyms on your bike? more of a flat seat and sorta wider than a traditional bike seat. My butt hangs off of those but hanging off on the sides is better than having the seat be shoved right up your....

    how are you with modifying the seat you have? can you remove it and take it to a bike shop?
    http://www.icehouse.net/jim_d/knees.html#Butt

    http://www.bicyclinglife.com/PracticalCycling/Sore.htm

    ReplyDelete