Wednesday, May 7, 2008

128 days into a trip that has no end

The week started off great for the loss, today I am back up a bit, still under Fridays weight but Up from where I was. I will not worry about it and I will treat it as "fluctuation" I also believe that the fact that I seem to use the bathroom less frequent lately has something to do with it. its been a day or 2 since a boat left port and rode the golden spin into the abyss, hopefully we can squeeze it into our schedule some time today. No pun intended.

My calories for Tuesday were slightly higher than target, coming in at 1565 for the day because of a large dinner. I made a BBQ rubbed roasted chicken breast with seasoned sweet potato fries and some sweet corn with black pepper and butter and just had to have my fill, it was incredibly tasty and when all is said and done not high calories at all, I was higher because I had an 8oz piece of the chicken. there is a 4oz piece left over that I am planning on having for Lunch today.

The sun shines a little brighter and things seem just a bit nicer over all, and the only thing that has changed is that my weight is down. I am at a weight that I am comfortable with right now and believe that what I weigh right now is just about where I have been for a long time in my life. I resemble many of the old pictures of myself now and my attitude has followed suite. I feel great my clothing fits looser and I wonder why it took so long for me to do this. walking through the trails at the park yesterday with my daughter watching her explore and spot details in the leaves and spotting animals in the woods is something I have been missing out on for a while, I am honestly starting to think about my time in CA and wonder if it effected me that much, and what I mean is that I was not happy in CA and maybe this played a part in my new found rotundness. Dwelling on the past has never been my style but I really do think just the fact that I was not "home" meaning in CT, played a part in my substantial weight gain. the injury did not help things along but I don't think its 100% to blame either. whichever way its rolled up doesn't really matter to me because the past is the past and nothing can change those facts. when you start noticing things likes your belly doesn't come close to hitting the steering wheel on the car while you drive any more, or that you have a lap to offer your daughter to sit on now while she just enjoys relaxing on Daddy, This is when one realizes just how important all of the hard work is...A calmness enters stage right.

As Ever
Me

9 comments:

  1. I think you are "reflecting" on the past, not dwelling. You are home in more ways than one. You're writing has taken on a lot of emotion. Very enjoyable to read. You seem much more comfortable in your skin, so to speak. And to read about the small, yet precious moments, you are enjoying with your daughter, heck, your family, is just awesome.
    Quick tip- re: ships sailing from port- lol
    after I had the massage, well, ships are sailing regularly. If you can get one, I think it would be a great treat for your body, mind, and spirit. Take wify and do a couples massage- There's a mothers day treat for her. I cant wait to go again. DO IT!!!!!
    Congrats again on your success. I'm thrilled for you, and have no doubt you will attain anything in your life you are after. Tony, you are successful! In who you are, and everything you do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Tony. I love that you've put your picture up permanently on your blog's homepage!!!!
    The dinner you fixed last night sounds SO yummy, and I've no doubt that it was totally worth going over your calories just a bit with!
    I'm so glad to hear that you feel like you're back to a weight that you are familiar with, and comfortable at! That's a great feeling, indeed. Makes ya feel younger, huh?? You've done about the closest thing possible to time travel - by going back several years weight-wise in such a short period of time!
    And, I'm so glad your little girl has a lap to relax on now. I spent tons of time as a child relaxing in my daddy's lap, and I'll always cherish those memories. I know your daughter is glad that she can sit with her daddy, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Tony. I love that you've put your picture up permanently on your blog's homepage!!!!
    The dinner you fixed last night sounds SO yummy, and I've no doubt that it was totally worth going over your calories just a bit with!
    I'm so glad to hear that you feel like you're back to a weight that you are familiar with, and comfortable at! That's a great feeling, indeed. Makes ya feel younger, huh?? You've done about the closest thing possible to time travel - by going back several years weight-wise in such a short period of time!
    And, I'm so glad your little girl has a lap to relax on now. I spent tons of time as a child relaxing in my daddy's lap, and I'll always cherish those memories. I know your daughter is glad that she can sit with her daddy, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I don't know how that just happened....

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that dinner sounds delicious and even though you went over your calories it was with good food and not junk food so i think that should count for something as well. First time for me on your blog and i must say that i really enjoy your writing and all your links. Your progress photos is amaizing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, I just found your blog from a post on someone else's blog (bad me I didn't see what one it was). Awesome job! WOW! Your progress is totally awesome. And the rate at which you are losing is incredible.

    I have almost the same amount to lose (At start I had 244lbs to lose) and am 104 pounds into my journey so far. I'll be adding ya to my blog roll to keep up with you. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific post, reflective and observant :) The chicken sounds awesome, what kind of seasoning do you use for the rub? Another recipe I might need to have ;) I am voicing my pleasure at seeing your smiling face on your blog daily now as opposed to the other scrunched up guys face you did have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW that chicken sounds yummy! Congrats on your success!! You are really doing AWESOME!! Keep up the super work!

    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Thank You all for the comments, I appreciate them!

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete