Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Day 98, Surviving Peanut butter

Its 8:30 am and the peanut butter is safe and sound inside its plastic jar snug up in the cabinet. I have no clue what that urge was about last night but I am happy that it has passed. like I stated in the previous post, that is only the second time in more than 3 months that I have had urges like that and it was more hunger pains than an urge but man I don't like it. as I type this I am eating, you guessed it, a banana with peanut butter on it and my morning green tea. I was attempting to not drink the green tea yesterday (wify made a suggestion) BUT I am a firm believer in the teas appetite suppression qualities now. I have read that it can suppress appetite and I was admittedly skeptic about it, not any more. I 100% believe that the tea has been helping me by not only boosting my metabolism but by helping with the urges. To go from about a gallon per day to none may have played a role in my little peanut butter attack last evening.

Green tea fields of Daehan Tea Plantation Posung county, South Cholla Province Korea


So..now that I have got that figured out, we can move onto the rest of the days activities, which weren't much I am afraid. just an average day on the ranch. I did go over calories by just a bit but I am not worried about it as my scale is still headed down so I am happy about that. also it is suppose to reach 60 degrees this week so I am hoping that I can get out to the park sometime and maybe get a walk in at the bird sanctuary, I will most certainly post some pictures when I do get over there, its a beautiful park. speaking of parks, I have also set a goal for myself for this coming fall, there is a park in CT called Sleeping Giant, when I was a kid we went there a lot to hike to the top of the "mountain" if you want to call it a mountain. it is a beautiful place but I have not been there in I would have to say at least 15 years. there are all sorts of trails and its a very nice place to hike, so I thought it would be a good idea to hike to the top as a goal. I do not believe that I could make it without a lot of trouble right now as I am, so I wish to get into a physical shape that I can bring my kids up there as my father brought me. so that is now an "official" goal of mine.

Here is a photo of Sleeping Giant and its obvious where it got the name.


Here is the menu from Monday.

04/07/2008

Breakfast
8:00 AM
1 banana 105

10:30 AM
2 hebrew national hot dogs 90
2 slices lite rye bread 80
ketchup 15

Lunch
1:30 PM
1 can progresso soup 120
3/4 cup cooked white rice 150

3:30 PM
crystal light 40

Dinner
6:15 PM
7oz roast chicken breast 385
2 cups fresh frozen green beans 90
3/4 cup cooked white rice 150
1 pat butter 35
random spices 10

7:30 PM
Banana 105
Peanut Butter 95

8:45 PM
Orange 80

Grand total of 1550 calories for the day, slightly over my limit but even still not too bad considering, over all I am happy with the progress and other than yesterday the intake has been great. Until we meet again.

As Ever
Me

3 comments:

  1. Ohh yay! I'm so glad that your 'urge' passed! I'm completely with you on the green tea wagon. I have felt less hungry since I started drinking it last week. I have to force myself sometimes to eat my meals because I could probably go without a meal a day, which in the long run wouldn't be good. I'm really glad I tried it due to your raving reviews, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. andeely, anything I can do to help :) honestly.. its part of why I started this blog in the first place, accountability, so that I have a journal of what I ate etc and to help other people that may need the help. I know its not easy for people to stick to diets etc, and if anything that I was doing could help someone good on me ;) it makes me happy that you got something out of my blog. Thank you for the comment, I appreciate that you take the time to comment to my ramblings.

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tea. I love hot tea the best though w/ cream and sugar!! We always had tea in the evenings in my house growing up. Not a lot of hot tea drinkers down here. When I want something sweet now that is what I have. of course w/ no sugar now I use splenda. I am not a big fan of artificial sweeteners though and would just not recommend them. I will be using this next http://www.stevia.net/ but since I am cheap and already bought the darn Splenda that is what I am using. I love tea.

    ReplyDelete