Wednesday, January 21, 2009

She's a maniac, maniac on the floor...Neckholes!

Stepping out of the shower yesterday I had grabbed one of my 6XL shirts out of the closet because I was just going to be watching some boob tube (the biggest loser of course) and then heading to bed, as I was walking from the bathroom I noticed that my entire shoulder was hanging out of the neckhole like some 80's chick. I couldn't help but laugh as I walked through the hallway and into the living room feeling like Molly Ringwald in sixteen candles or Jennifer Beals in Flashdance to show wify. It is amazing that I at one time filled these shirts in to the point that I was wondering when it was going to be time for a 7XL or maybe a trip over to Charlie the tent makers place for a fitting. Now I just about fit perfectly into a 3XLT instead of being on the cusp of a Coleman 4 Man tent and that folks is what they call a good feeling, I have a 3XL shirt (a small 3x I might add) that I have had since before I met my wife that is from an old job and I have held onto that shirt all of these years because I have always said that I would wear it again and I am so close to fitting into it right now that I cannot believe it, I was 22 years old the last time that shirt fit me and I know that I will be able to comfortably wear it this summer.



Which brings me to my next point, I have a lot of clothing that ranges from 56 waist jeans, slacks and dress pants down to shirts from 6XL on down to my current size that I will need to get rid of at some point. It has been suggested to me to drop them off at good will or the salvation army but something dawned on me while pondering that, Big guys don't or won't look at those places for clothing because it would be a fruitless venture to seek out used clothing that large, its just how it is. Most clothing in that size has to be bought at specialty shops, Casual Male (most of my clothing is from here) or from online places like King size direct and thats just the way of the fat man. So back to my point, I will have all of these clothes that are way too big for me when I reach my goal weight and I was thinking about donating them to someone that could use them after I hit that mark of 275 pounds, I also am NOT the heaviest guy I know any more so I can ask the two fellas that I know if they could use any of the clothing as well. A lot of the stuff that I have in those larger sizes are brand new and not even worn! I have some dress shirts that were bought online (King size direct) a long while ago that are still in what they came shipped in, and some T shirts hanging in the closet that still have tags on them all in around 6XL size. Then there is the jeans and shorts etc, I have jeans that were bought right before I started losing this weight that are still folded with tags on down to dress pants and a suit that is WAY too big for me currently (maybe the suit can be taken in? I don't know) but I do think at some point I will offer some of it here on this blog to some of the larger fellas that may be reading as well as my friend and my wifes friends Hubby whom are both a bit larger than me currently.

I went over my calories yesterday, and I went over because of weak willpower. We were not going to get home until a little later than normal so we decided on Subway as dinner and wify grabbed a bag of doritos to have on the side, so I came home and like a good boy figured out that I could have my subway (turkey/veggies) AND 1oz of doritos (which is like crack to me btw) and still be at my limit, Perfect! or so I thought. after I was done I grabbed a couple more out of the bag and ended up eating an extra oz worth of the cheesy crack that is called doritos so I ended up going over by 140 calories which is what the bag says 1oz is equal to. Bah! I went over? so I immediately felt guilty for doing it and told my wife and I quote "since I can't go throw it up imma ride the bike to make up for it" to which she responded "but your back hurts" "yes dear but I feel like crap for going over on a binge food" and off I went to ride, and 25 minutes later I didn't feel as bad though it was not a shining moment. I know not an exemplary example and certainly not my normal rock of a self where deciding against such things goes but I did workout to try and offset it a bit so I am good with it. Here is a look at the menu.

01/20/09

Breakfast
8:00 AM
2oz honey combs 220
8oz 1% milk 110

10:30 AM
1 pear 85

Lunch
11:45 AM
2 slices whole wheat bread 140
1 T peanut butter 95
1 T jam 50

1:15 PM
1/2 T peanut butter 45
1/2 banana 50

3:45 PM
progresso soup (pot roast) 160
brussel sprouts 45

Dinner
6:15 PM
turkey subway 560
2oz doritos (crack) 280

Thats a grand total of 1840 calories and 140 above where I should have been, I rode the bike for 25 minutes even though I was going to skip it because of a sore back. I am not going to sweat an extra 140 calories though I do feel like I let myself down a bit only because it was a binge situation and I just wanted the extra crack...er I mean chips. With that an end comes to another broadcast from the emergency fat loss system, tune in tomorrow for more details on how a fat guy got (is getting) not so fat, keep those glasses full and the movement constant and fat loss WILL happen.

As Ever
Me

6 comments:

  1. Another very good post! I had a good laugh picturing you looking like the flashdance girl! I am sure that a few extra "crack" chips will not derail you for the week, especially since you did some excerise after eating them. I bet you will have a decent loss this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the flashdance girl was funny too. As for the extra ounce of chips I sure wouldn't call that a binge by any means. Way to go on riding the bike too, hope it didn't hurt your back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should be careful if your back is still causing you problems. the last thing you want to do is to make it worse and end up not being able to do anything for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doritos are truly evil.

    Love your blog byt he way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, your attitude and earnest never dying positivity are always a true joy to read.

    Aaaaaaaand 20 ounce glass of water down the hatch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you had lost a lot. i just have one question: on your posts, you usually put what you ate that day. What I want to know is how much do you eat BEFORE you started. I lost some, and am floored by what I use to eat, but I wasn't at your size(then).

    ReplyDelete