Monday, August 11, 2008

How about a magic trick?

Lately I find myself thinking about how things were 7 months ago and earlier when I weighed 138 pounds more than I do now and the things that I couldn't do then back then, and more so I think about the things that I can do now compared to that time in my life. over the weekend as I took a walk with wify and the kiddos I found myself thinking back to last summer and how I could not make a 1/4 mile walk to see a broken bridge, and I have mentioned that day in this blog before but I feel that it is one of the moments in my life that made me really think about just how over weight I was so it sticks in my thoughts, anyways we were walking around a lake that is close to my Mother in laws house and ended up walking for two and a quarter miles so just about two miles further than that attempted bridge walk last summer and it dawned on me what I had accomplished, here I am walking more than 2 miles and I have zero back pain, I am not out of breath and the only thing that was a slight annoyance was a small spot on my foot where my sneaker was rubbing because I had on old socks that have thinned a bit and then Sunday we had a sitter and decided to go see a movie, we went to see The Dark Knight (which was a great movie) BUT the worry that I had was the theater seats, I had never been to this place and was worried that they would not have the seats where the arm rest lifts up so I was thinking about how this may just be a very uncomfortable couple hours worth of fidgeting around trying to enjoy the movie and when we got there indeed the seats arm rests did not lift up "here we go" I thought to myself as I ran up (yes I ran up the stairs) to the back row, sit down and wow I thought its not the most comfy thing in the world and I will admit that I was wiggling around a bit but I was able to sit in the non movable arm rest style theater seats which to many people may seem like a so what kind of thing but I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to go to a movie that did not have the arm rests that lift so this is a good thing. I have come a long way in the past few months and it was a lot of hard work and a lot of retraining myself to not look at food as anything more than fuel for my body, with the occasional treat of course but thats the key to losing weight I am finding, it is a very simple formula of eating enough to fuel your body without leaving an excessive reserve, who wouldda thunk?

Ok now for that movie and only because it was so good I feel like a review is in order, I will admit that I went in thinking it was going to be a good movie because all of what I have heard and I heard a lot of people all say that it was a good flick but Man! it was awesome. Heath Ledger was amazing in it and thats the part that I thought was all hype before going to see it for myself, I thought that because of his death that he was being hyped, now that I have seen it myself I can say that he did an excellent job in that role and I was already a fan of his because of the movie "A Knights Tale" its sort of one of the movies that makes me think of my wife because we both love that movie so much. from his magic trick in the beginning of The Dark Knight straight on up until a Nurse with a silencer He really did have the crazy motherfuc... role nailed down perfectly, I absolutely loved him in this flick it is truly a loss to the world of movies that he passed. I highly recommend that if you didn't see this movie that you do so.

How about a magic trick? Ta-daa!

Intake for the weekend was a bit meh, but over all I think it was not too bad I did have some take out Chinese food on Saturday (General Tso's chicken with white rice) which I do not know how many calories was in it but I don't care either, its not a terribly bad thing to have a treat now and again and thats how I look at that meal, I did have 815 calories to spare at dinner so if I went over I couldn't imagine it was by much. Sunday I hit 1700 calories on the nose, well I shouldn't say "on the nose" because I am not exactly sure how many calories were in the pop corn I had at the movies, My wife and I shared a medium popcorn during the movie and I ate about 1/3 of that (small) medium bag and we guessed it at about 200 calories after looking up a few calorie websites, so take my "on the nose" with a grain of salt. here is a look at that menu.

08/11/08

Breakfast
11:00 AM
2 cups of honey bunches of oats 320
1 cup of 1% milk 110

1:00 PM
less than half of med movie popcorn 200

Lunch
4:00 PM
2 multi-grain english muffins 200
2 wedges laughing cow cheese 70
1 serving turkey pepperoni 70
sliced tomato 15

Dinner
6:30 PM
5.5oz roast chicken breast 275
3/4 cup white rice 150
1/2 cup black beans 100
light sour cream 20

8:00 PM
1 apple 100

9:00 PM
1 fudge pop 70

Grand total of 1700 calories for Sunday and theres another day down in the trip to the half, I also wanted to mention that I am going to give deficit tracking a go, I figure with all of the exercise that I am trying to get into my days that I may as well track it and see what I am burning, it may just push me to do a bit more work which can only be a good thing so it shall be so, I will start counting today and see what I end up with by the end of the week and then set a goal for myself for next week and see how I do with it, maybe it will be something that helps me or maybe it will be something that I discard after looking at it for this week we will see. Thanks for reading and all that jazz.

As Ever
Me

1 comment:

  1. Deficit Tracking, huh? WTF?!

    Okay...let me just agree with you that Dark Knight was BAD ASS (even the nurse part), and I am NOT vanilla, whatever the heck that means.

    And, YAY for you that you got to go to the movies and sit in a plain old theater seat!! I can't imagine how awesome that must have been for you, and how nice it must have been to get to go on a date like that - for wify, too! I bet you guys had a really great time! :D

    Great job on hitting 1700 calories right on (or right around) the nose. I love it when that happens. I'm counting again, so you gotta keep me in line now for a few months. I really want to lose the rest of what I need to lose.

    ReplyDelete