Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hotter'n shi....

Ok so I am up early and wify is in the kitchen with the kids so I thought I would pop on and toss up a quick post. let me start with the temperature, as the title would have you believe it was yuck in my part of the world last night, resembling rain forest conditions it was mid 90's and so humid that I think if I just swung a glass through the air it would have been full by the time it reached the end of the arc. at 11:00 pm it was still mid 80's and still very humid and I had not popped any air conditioners in the windows yet. by 12:00 am my daughter was a ball of sweat and woke up crying so daddy to the rescue I went in the basement and dragged one of the air conditioners up and put it in the window upstairs, which got the attention of a few neighbors that I observed looking out their windows surely wondering wtf I was doing at mid night up in the window, either that or thinking "wow great idea". it is about 9:00 am as I type this and my outside thermometer says that it is currently 82 degrees, and the humidity is still there so it would appear that we are in for more of the same today, looks like I will be installing the downstairs AC later, ahhhh the wonders of summer in New England.


This is what my day and week look like, I googled weather for my area and took this screen shot, remember this is 9:00 am, take a look at the current temp.

Onto the weight loss, I feel good and that about sums it up but let me elaborate a bit because leaving it as "I feel good" would be, well..boring. the fact that I carried an air conditioner up 2 flights of stairs speaks for how my back feels, it still has some discomfort when I hit that not so sweet spot but it is feeling better over all. I got some walking in yesterday, since it was so humid my wife wanted to go somewhere cool and she needed some new clothes since loosing her 49 pounds so we headed on over to the mall so that she could go shopping in Macys. we walked around the mall for what felt to me like 7 hours (I hate malls), it was actually 2 hours we were there and I was doing laps with my daughter while wify tried stuff on, I think she ended up with 4 shirts and a pair of jeans, anyways thats not here nor there but the walking I got in was a good thing. I did go over on calories for Saturday by exactly 1 big bowl of popcorn, wify rented a couple movies and before the air conditioner and kiddo turned ball of sweat we were watching something called "strange wilderness" lets just say that we made it half an hour into it and well, we don't care how it ended, this was the dumbest most moronic movie that I have ever had the displeasure of laying eyes on and I know that I am a better person for not having watched it all the way through. at least the popcorn was good! so 2 hours of "mall walking" and slightly over calories and all in all I think it was a good day as far as the weight loss went.

Here is the menu for Saturday.

06/07/08

Breakfast
10:00 AM
1 banana 105
1 tbsp peanut butter 95

Lunch
12:45 PM
2 hebrew national hot dogs 90
2 slices whole wheat bread 140
30 gm pretzel sticks 130
condiments 10

4:00 PM
1 banana 105
1 tbsp peanut butter 95

Dinner
6:45 PM
2 cups home made soup 300
3/4 cup white rice 150

7:45 PM
small dairy queen Vanilla cone 230

11:00 PM
too much popcorn

Grand total of 1450 calories if you don't count the popcorn, if we are counting it I am closer to 1700 calories if I were to take a guess. over all the weekend was off to a decent start and the plan is to carry it over into today. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has a good weekend.

As Ever
Me

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, your temps look a bit mild to me but it's that humidity that's a killer...you know what they say about Phoenix..."but it's a dry heat"...LOL! I couldn't agree more now that I live here...and I wouldn't want it any other way...humidity sucks!!! I feel for ya man...crank that AC, it's the only way I survive. Sheesh we can only afford to keep it set at 81 too...sucks! Also thanks for the movie review...almost, lol, I wanted to see that but will now pass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our summers are nothing BUT hot and humid. It's pretty miserable. Our house faces the west, so the afternoons are pretty awful inside. The trees that we had cut down in February had provided a lot of shade for our house in the afternoons, but now I fear that we will roast by August! Ugh. Anyway....good for you for putting the a/c in your daughter's room at midnight! I'm sure she thoroughly appreciated that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you would do very well in Texas! I have had the AC on since March! We have humidity that you could slice with a knife. thick thick thick. we are at 60percent right now but I am sure it will go up and the temp is suppose to be 97 or so.

    swimming weather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Strange Wilderness was hilarious!...But I know I'm probably one of the very few who feel that way. Sometimes stupid humor cracks me up the most.
    Anyways, I'm normally a lurker, but I like your blog. It's one of the blogs that inspired me to start my own. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments ladies :) and andeely mild? no way! lol you hit it on the head with the Humidity sucking! I love dry heat this humid stuff should be saved for the rain forests! 100 degrees dry and 80 humid is about the same, but the Humid 80 makes ya sweat, more ewwwww I hate it, weather like this makes me miss southern California weather . Robyn the trees had to go! safe yard vs some shade? I take the safe house ;) just plant some more trees, they will sprout up in no time.

    today 6-10-08 (when I am responding to this :P) its suppose to be in the 100's and its already 85% humidity at 10am! I gots the AC on and don't plan on leaving the house today ;)

    Holly, TX heat doesn't compare ;) lol

    Amber, Thanks for poppin in and commenting :) lurk away or pop in for comments, I appreciate the comment.

    As Ever
    me

    ReplyDelete