Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 26

I decided to post the days happenings a little early this time around. it was an average Saturday and dinner at mom in laws is on for tomorrow. I don't know what she is making yet, we have to decide and call her in the morning with a shopping list :) any Ideas?

We made a Salsa chicken dish in the crock pot for dinner tonight and made rice and beans to go with it, it was pretty good and I will likely make it again, I read that its a weight watchers recipe and I may post it up on here later. I came in under calories for the day so I am glad for that, and the chicken was a good change from all of the roasted chicken we have been eating. I still feel good and not undernourished, actually feel like I am eating too much but it is only 1500 cals so I know I am good. I drank a ton of water and green tea today and I am trying to cut the crystal light back a bit.

I did get on the scale again this morning. man I gotta stop that. still in a downward motion so I am happy for that. I do miss riding the bike so I will ride tomorrow as I am feeling a bit better from this morning. I also want to thank everyone for their comments, the support is appreciated, I noticed a couple new names leaving them :) with that, I give you the menu..

01/26/2008

Breakfast
10:30 AM
4 oz of Turkey 120
1.5 tbsp of Miracle whip 55
3 slices Beefsteak lite rye bread 120

Lunch
2:15 PM
1 can lite Progresso south western veggies soup 120
6 Ritz crackers 96

Dinner
5:45 PM
8oz salsa chicken breast 440
3/4 cup cooked white rice 150
1/2 cup pinto beans 80
2 tbp fat free sour cream 25
Crystal Light 15

7:00 PM
1 orange 85

8:00 PM
1 Bryers yogurt 170

Random bike picture, its an Italjet Griffon 650, I have been looking at lots of bikes lately and wify has agreed to let me get a bike as a reward when I hit my goal weight.


Grand total of 1476 calories for the day, I do think I am starting to eat later and later in the evening just to make up the calories, so I think I need to figure something out for that, I am up until 11:00pm most nights so from 8 to 11 is 3 hours so not too bad but still I feel its too late. I have a feeling that the meal at mom in laws will be calorie heavy again, last time was roast pork with all the trimmings. I will check this in the am and your assignment for the night/morning is to give me a recipe or idea for mom in law! lol Thanks for reading and tune in same bat time same bat channel next time kids!

As Ever
Me

2 comments:

  1. Is it too late to take a pork tenderloin or a turkey breast to the smoke shop to have it smoked? That is such an easy way to take food to a get-together. We do that a lot. Other than that...I can suggest sweet potatoes as a side dish. They are very filling, and only 90 calories per 100 grams (which I found that even a small one is around 200 grams, but you end up throwing away the skin, which is about 60 grams!) Throw a tiny bit of brown sugar and cinnamon on there, and maybe a splash of lemon or orange juice, and it's like dessert! So good, if you ask me. And, I have to reccomend my friend Joanie's recipe for turkey meatloaf. It was super easy to make, and really good. My husband even liked it, who is a self-proclaimed "picky eater" and is nauseated by the words "meat" and "loaf" combined together. He had 3 servings because he liked it so much! I was very surprised. Anyway, I'd love to share that recipe with you if you are interested.
    Sorry I can't come up with more than that for now!
    You did great on your calories today! Have a great Sunday, and good luck with counting calories at the in-laws'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Meatball... that is so funny you, Robyn and myself are all looking and trying new food/recipes. I have a website I like to find recipes on -- but be careful they have all types -- the reason I like this site though is because they list the calorie AND serving size.
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes
    I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete