Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 14

So day 14 went well, and it went not so well, peculiar huh? we shall start with the part that went well, I woke up to 7 inches of snow and went out and shoveled for 30 mins, so off to a good start, then I rode the bike for 15 mins and got a good sweat going, still good, one would have to agree. so good in fact that I was feeling it and in a great mood, I listened to some old music that I had not listened to in a while, still feeling good, had a nice steak dinner and then it happened, I wanted a piece of chocolate cake (imagine now a movie sound track turns on as if to say The plot thickens Dun dun duuuunnnn!) I did it, I had a 3oz piece of chocolate cake for 350 calories which brought me above the 1500 mark by 100 calories. though I do not feel guilty for having it, it does feel like my first slip in 2 weeks even though the calories were not that bad, it still felt like empty calories. just gotta keep on keepin on I guess. onto the menu.

01/14/2008

Breakfast
8:30 AM
2 cups bran cereal 180
1 cup 2% milk 130

11:30 AM
1 cup air popped popcorn 40
1 serving popcorn seasoning 5

Lunch
2:45 PM
1 can of Progresso soup 200
5 Ritz crackers 80

Dinner
6:00 PM
6 oz chuck steak lean 400
3/4 cup cooked white rice 160
1 cup canned green beans 40
glass crystal light 10
1/4 of a small dill pickle 5

7:30 PM
3oz slice chocolate cake 350 <---The devil made me do it

Grand total of 1600 Calories for the day, not my best showing for the time I have been doing this thanks to the cake but still good and got more exercise than usual in so I feel good about it! Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! lol honestly I don't think its all that bad but I don't want to make a habit out of it, after all thats how I got here right? again I want to thank you for reading, its appreciated.

As Ever
Me


4 comments:

  1. Botzz,
    I think it's OK that you had ONE piece of cake. I hope you enjoyed it. I think that is where we all fail, is that we go off track, beat ourselves up, when maybe just enjoy the cake. You stopped at one piece, you know you cant do it every night. DONE!
    You have been doing so incredibly well with your calories. And you got lots of exercise yesterday! I think you had a successful day. Keep up the good work. And yes, keep on keepin on!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dang devil and his chocolate cakes...
    Hahaha! Well, since you only went 100 over your calories, I'd say you did okay. You probably broke even, with that extra exercise you did. So, no worries. You went, what, almost 2 weeks without going over your calories? Just try to go another 2 without going over - at least. I almost went over last night - by having a late night snack. But, it just so happened that I accidentally fell asleep while laying down with my little one - and slept with her (on accident) all night. So, needless to say, I woke up hungry, but I was glad that I didn't go over on my calories for yesterday. As the matter of fact, I saved 95 calories! Don't worry, though, I plan on using them soon! Anyway, keep posting, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You failed to mention you did a load of laundry with out any dropped hints by your wife. Doesn't that make you feel good too?

    Love you babe,
    Keep up the great work, and keep me in line. I'm here for you always and forever.

    -Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it was 2 loads of laundry punk!

    ReplyDelete