Friday, December 4, 2009

Weighing in on weighing in, Off to a good start..

This morning is the Official beginning of my April 2nd challenge, which is to get below 300 pounds by April 2nd 2010 which gives me 4 months to do it. In the beginning of the week I was 336.4 pounds and I used that number to give me a start point for this week so that I could see how I was starting off and this morning when I weighed in I was 332.8 pounds so 3.6 pounds this week, I will round down and call it 3 pounds. With that weigh in I am ahead of my goal by one pound but I am sure the week where I need that extra pound will come into play so we will just call it a good week.

Heading to the gym yesterday I was feeling pretty good about going in lieu of feeling worn down in the am but when I arrived it was almost like the energy was sapped out of me again. Onto the bike I went and ended up riding for twenty five minutes and then onto the treadmill for an additional ten minutes so only 35 minutes of cardio, while I was on the treadmill I noticed one of the trainers looking in my direction but he did not approach me so I figured it was just eye contact held too long and went on with my walk. When I was done I wanted to get a light chest work out in on the machines, as I headed towards a press machine that trainer came over to me and introduced himself and some small talk ensued he asked what my fitness goals were etc and this is something that I have noticed lately at the gym the trainers seem more active with approaching people and its the second time in 2 weeks this has happened. So we chatted a bit while I was using the press machine I told him that my main goals were to lose fat and gain muscle and he said that he could help me "get started on some serious weight loss" if I was interested in using his services at the gym, I smiled and that's when I told him that I was down more than 200 pounds. He asked me what my secret was and I asked him "What would you have charged me for your services?" He laughed and said "Fair enough" and we talked a little bit about it while I finished up the press machine and I just told him that more movement and less eating was pretty much all I was doing, I may take him up on his offer at a later date as I still get my free fitness eval and he seemed knowledgeable enough.

This afternoon I am planning on doing my 15/15/15 cardio workout along with some bicep and shoulder strength movements to finish up my exercise for the day. Over the weekend as long as weather holds up I am going to try and hit a trail near my house that Wify and I walked a 3 mile stretch of about a week ago, I found a 5 mile stretch of the same trail using Gmaps and it starts where we left off last time so if we can find the time and a baby sitter a hike may be in my weekends future. Over all I am pleased with the way this week has turned out and I am that much closer to getting below my all time low weight, I have a strong feeling barring anything out of my control that within the next few weeks my weight will drop well below that low weight of 328 that I hit right before my surgery.

With that the end has come to yet another post among the masses of weight loss blogs floating around out there, You may now return to whatever takes up the rest of the time in your days, Thank you for following along and thanks for the support.

As Ever
Me

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! It is just so motivating to see all you've accomplished. Once I get down closer to where I want to be, I want to get a few sessions in with a personal trainer and maybe even a nutritionist. 67 pounds down, and 33 to go. (Maybe even a little more)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration. I will be following your journey.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you had to say to that trainer. I bet his jaw dropped when you said that you had dropped 200lbs already. You're doing great. I know you're going to crush the April goal. I'm stuck on the January 1st goals. I'll need to start thinking beyond the New Year.

    Keep on Keepin on

    ReplyDelete