Thursday, December 17, 2009

I am a....

Better late than never I say, my day is almost done and I have stuck strictly to the game plan, just finished a big ol salad for dinner and my trip to the gym was a good one, tomorrow is the "official" weigh in for the blog and I am hoping that there is a loss. If a loss is not shown on the scale that's ok because I am a week stronger than last week and though stress is poking its head into my regimen I am proving to myself that I can motor through it and stay if not exactly on plan close enough to feel good about what I have done. For whatever reason I have been in the past few days missing my bike, I saw a fella riding down my street a couple days ago and since then I have been wanting to pull the bike out and take it for a spin around the lake but as I am in good old New England we have had some pretty rough weather lately, it has been clear out but below zero temps with the wind chill so it is not really an option.

It is a later than normal post and I am feeling random but I am really looking forward to tomorrows weigh in because I do feel like there will be a loss and as long as I am creeping towards that 300 pound mark I am a happy camper. There is a lot of things that have been learned as well as lessons taught as I walk this road to better health and I look forward to reaching that finish line, being a skinny person is not something that I have ever known and I have to admit that I am more than curious to see life from that angle.

I am a Father, I am a Husband, a guitar player Dragon to my daughters princess when need be, I am a poet, I am a writer, I am a gym rat and a cyclist I am a Son, an Uncle and a Brother, I am a swimmer in training as well as a friend, I am Santa Clause and no one calls me Maurice. I am a Ford Mustang fanatic, a bad singer that deep down believes that he sounds good, I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker I get my lovin' on the ru....oh wait.

Something that I am not is a fat guy sitting on a couch wishing things were different and that's a fact which will never change.

Fini.

As Ever
Me

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that your last two paragraphs were incredibly moving. What a beautiful self-image. Thank you for being an example of how people should see themselves. Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete