Thursday, December 3, 2009

Run Forrest! Run!! er...I mean walk?

Tomorrow I weigh in, This weigh in will be the official starting point weight for my goal to be under 300 pounds by April 2nd and I am hoping to see at least 334 on the scale because when I figured my pounds per week to lose I included this week from a 336.4 start weight mid week. I have done my part this week and expect to see at least the 2 pounds needed for me to stay on track with my new goal, I have been to the gym every day this week and am following my intake plan barring the few Hershey kisses that I had Tuesday night so its been a good week so far.

My trip to the gym yesterday was interesting, Wednesdays are usually an off day for me because I work my legs with the weights on Tuesday but I decided that I wanted to go anyways. I rode the bike for 25 minutes and then planned to walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes more, a nice easy work out but I ended up running intervals on the treadmill for 30 minutes, or should I say attempted to run intervals. After a warm up walk for 5 minutes I ran the first interval but I have no clue how long it took me because I wanted to see if I could run a quarter of a mile without stopping, and I did! I was not expecting to be able to do it but I did and could have gone further, I had the treadmill set at 5.7 mph while I was running and it felt good. Slowing down I walked at 3.5 mph for the next quarter mile but I had taken a big drink of my water so when I started the next interval I got a cramp on my right side towards the back of my ribs, blah! so I only ran for about a minute and a half and started walking again and ended up doing that again about 5 minutes later so when I say that I ran intervals I mean that I ran once and then tried to run two more times but I cramped after that first interval so I just walked the rest of the time. My legs were getting a bit fatigued right from the start of my workout and I think that it was because of the weight lifting on Tuesday, it is what it is and from now on if I decide to do a leg workout I will take it easy the following day so that doesn't happen again.

With that it is time for me to start getting ready to go to the gym so I will keep this one short, Tomorrow we will find out if I am off to a good start with my 300 goal and another week bites the dust. Thanks for following along with my story and always remember that it is you who makes the decisions, You are the one that decides if its time to do what you need to do.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...

As Ever
Me

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I literally have tears in my eyes as I just this week added jogging intervals to my walking and I am in awe that I've been able to do it. I can relate to your joy and pride and I am rooting for you.

    Good luck with your goals ! A am watching you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are ready for a 'couch to 5k' if you want a change of pace. 5 weeks ago I couldn't run 1 block comfortably. This week I ran 3 miles (which I've never done in my whole life... asthma, bad knees, etc.). I went faster than the program is laid out, but normally you should be able to run 30 minutes straight by week 9. I hated running before... a month later I have to force myself to take days off running! I highly recommend it.. stop by my blog to see my progression, if you'd like...

    cimikayj.blogger.com

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry,, google C25k to find the chart on the intervals... its free but I actually used the iphone app that cost 2 or 3 bucks. It tells you when to run and walk over your music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know Tony, you could totally do your C25K program on the gym treadmill. I'm just saying. Thanks for reminding me that 'I' am the decider. I love that.

    ReplyDelete