Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A new compare pic inside! more than 200 pounds lost.

Tuesday went off without a hitch besides a piece of cake that was for an occasion so I did not count that into my calories, I was at 1775 calories total before the cake so I am probably still ok either way I am not too worried about it. I drank 1 gallon of green tea and 1 gallon of straight H2O so I was hydrated for the day but I did have lots of sodium in the way of some baked chips with my dinner which was a tuna melt so I may be retaining a bit this morning but I will never know because I ate breakfast before remembering to do my mid week weigh in check. The gym was interesting for me because I did something a little differently than usual, I rode my bike for 20 minutes and then did some weight lifting for my back and shoulders then it was time for the treadmill.

The first image is August 2007, the second image was taken last night so December 22nd 2009, I took the second one just fooling around and yes I know that I need a shave but I haven't posted a pic up in a while so I thought that it was tine to pop a new compare shot up here, man I love my compression shirt! The bottom half of me is as thick as the top half but man what a difference the image is clickable for a larger view.

Usually I will do 20-30 minutes on the treadmill at between 3.0 and 3.8 mph and a 3.0% to 5.0% incline and I do this at the end of my workout so usually after the bike and arc-trainer. Yesterday I looked across the gym and there was a girl on the treadmill and she had it set at a wicked incline so I thought I would change it up a bit and ended up doing 20 minutes at 3.0 mph but every 2 minutes I went up 2% on the incline until I hit 11.5% at the 10 minute mark and then back down 2% at a time until 20 minutes was up. I have to tell you that wen I started I was thinking that it would be easy but by the time I hit that 11.5% incline I was ready for it to start coming back down! but in my head I was thinking about it as if I was peaking a hill and that the way down aould be easier but after 11.5% came 9.5% so I was still at a decent incline NOT the downhill that I was thinking I would get, its funny how our heads work sometimes. I checked my heart rate every minute by grabbing the bars on the treadmill so that I could see how I reacted to the incline changes and the graph matched the incline, my heart rate increased as the incline did and I am going to add this to my Tuesday workout as it definately changed things up and still gave me a good workout.

I don't think that I will get a post up on Friday because of Christmas so I will very likely just do a weigh in post on Saturday morning instead because I have to stay accountable with the weigh ins as it seems to keep me on track. Will Friday mess up the weigh in? we shall see but I am going to attempt to be a good boy and resist the urge to eat the cookies, cakes, fudge and all of whatever else will be around on Christmas day and eve. This does not mean that I will have nothing labeled as "treat" because I have always said that Holidaze do not count as far as me counting every bite that goes into my mouth because those few days per year of indulging are not going to hurt anything in the grand scheme. I am planning to make the best choices where dinner is concerned for Christmas and I will be drinking noting but my green tea, perhaps a beer and some water but on the food front I will not eat any differently as far as portion size goes and will make every attempt to eat the lower calorie dishes.

Again I say, we make our own choices and there is no one with a gun making us eat fatty food, there is no terrible terrible that will happen to us if we do not eat that triple double bacon bacon cheddar cheese and secret sauce burger with a side of giantico onion rings and a bucket O coke but there is a terrible terrible if we do eat it on a daily, just have a look at my before pictures.

Again another episode of as the fat guy turns has concluded, tomorrow is a new day where will it bring me? a step closer to my goal for sure. Thanks for reading along.

As Ever
Me

2 comments:

  1. Hey man you are looking great! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing fabulous and looking remarkable Tony! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete