Thursday, July 17, 2008

Point blank range.

Just another day in the life of, intake and exercise are good and hopefully the pounds keep dropping. though I weighed in yesterday I will also post a Friday weigh in as well just for uniformity of my posts this is an eve of a weigh in once again. eating right and adding more movement into my each and every has proven to be the dose of reality that my body needed to drop the pounds that were holding me back and start on a path to healthy living. Today I weigh 24.15% less than I did just 6.5 short months ago and hopefully when I am done I will have lost half of my body weight, 48.50% to be exact if 275 pounds is achieved, that is amazing to me that when I hit that goal of 275 I will be just about half the size I was at my highest weight and is where I came up with the name to my blog. thinking back to the months before I decided to make this change I can remember feeling lethargic and unmotivated or in pain all of the time and now that is just not the case anymore, I feel like I have the old me back and its only getting better every day, in fact just a few days ago we had sat down to dinner and I forgot my drink on the counter (which is a total of about 11 feet from where I was sitting ) and I didn't realize I had forgot it until I reached for something that was not on the table and my wife said "I will get it for ya" to which I replied "I can get it" she then said "I really don't mind and it not like it was before, I hardly do anything for you any more" and what she meant was that the pre 2008 me (yeah thats what I will call it) was not able to do those every day things and be fully comfortable, and I started to think about the things that I would not want to do because either it was a chore or I would get out of breath doing it or wondered if it meant a sore back for the rest of the day and as small as grabbing that drink off of the counter seems, it was a chore at 534 pounds and I never realized it until now.



My intake has changed drastically in the past 6 months, I went from eating 1500 calories or more in a single meal to eating no more than 1500 calories in a whole day and I feel great for my effort. I am in the belief that once you get past the addiction part of over eating that the rest comes naturally and healthy living follows directly. yeah thats right I said it, addiction. I started gaining most of my weight after an injury and then the comfort in the food I was eating was there to hold my hand when I was down, being addicted to food is the number one issue with gaining weight in my certainly humble opinion, I stand 6'5'' tall, and currently weigh 405 pounds, I eat 1500 calories per day and exercise almost daily and feel great, I am full of energy and do not feel hungry 95% of the time. if you were to ask me could I eat 1500 calories per day and exercise daily and not feel hunger or dissatisfaction with my physical self or still be tired all of the time 6 months ago my answer would have been "no way man what are you nuts?" and yet here I am, 129 pounds lighter and feeling better than I have in years. I eat a nice rounded diet including all food groups, I know I lack on veggies now and again but reminders from friends and family get me back on track with it when I slack, I take Multi-vitamins daily, exercise almost daily and I drink enough fluid to support all of that and thats it. the one thing that IS missing would be the addiction to food that once lived within me and I can admit it at this point in the program because it is clear now that its gone.



Here is the menu for the day.

07/16/08

Breakfast
10:00 AM
1 multigrain english muffin 100
2 slices light Italian bread 80
sliced tomato 15
2 wedges laughing cow cheese 70
1 serving of Turkey pepperoni 70

Lunch
2:30 PM
1 zone bar 200

3:00 PM
1 pear 85

Dinner
6:00 PM
2 gortons fish fillets 340
1 cup corn 150
3/4 cup white rice 150
1/2 tbsp smart balance 25

8:45 PM
1 cup corn 150

Grand total of 1435 calories for the day which means I have done my part as far as intake goes now lets see what my body does with it, hopefully I can eek out another pound by tomorrow morning and end at 404 pounds for the weeks weigh in, if not? I have done a good job this week with exercise and intake so it is what it is. Thanks for reading my ramblings once again today, it is always appreciated.

As Ever
Me

2 comments:

  1. HOWDY!
    I am glad to hear that you are doing things w/o feeling like you are in pain all of the time. I am glad you are getting up and getting things yourself --Honestly I just can't picture you the way you describe your pre2008 self. AMAZING! I am so happy for you; isn't just crazy what we take for granted until we can't do them anymore. Silly things -- like your glass on the counter they make all the difference.

    No matter what you look like or how much you weigh at the end of the day the most amazing change is how you have changed mentally. You and Wify sound like the perfect "fit" couple now. Not at all like what you have described the prior selves to be like. pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your posts for the last couple days. It's always nuts when hubby is in town and I don't ever get a chance to log on and post or read and comment.

    Yeah I think I had a food addiction too, and once you get your body 'off' of bad foods you start feeling so much better! I'm glad you are able to do those little extra things without worry or thought like get your forgotten drink or what have you !

    ReplyDelete