Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Couches, calories and cake oh my!

Ok first things first, I had a piece of rum cake on Tuesday and do not know my exact calories, I am pretty sure I am under calories none the less because I was at 960 and then had the piece of rum cake and I highly doubt that it was 540 calories for the piece and now the tasty goodness is out of my house and temptation has been removed, that should hold me over until next year. Lunch was a bit unorthodox, I had a cup of peas and 3/4 cup rice pilaf which was left overs and I just sort of mixed it together and had a yogurt afterwards. so basically intake was good for the day besides the rum cake but at least I am pretty sure that I kept it under calorie range so bravo rum cake, you made a good showing.

on the subject of my weight, I finally made it under Fridays weight this morning, and that makes daddy happy. I have been trying to figure out what was up with the weight going up almost immediately after Fridays weigh in and never coming back down and I honestly think Fridays weigh in was just off a bit because I was dehydrated and I normalized over the next couple of days, finally coming in today just a tad under Fridays weight. I have been steadily riding the bike daily and have incorporated push ups back into my day which also may be making a difference so again, daddy is happy.


Bobs famous words, "Come on down!"

something not weight loss related that I thought I would pop in here, we went out and bought a new couch and love seat yesterday from Bob's furniture (anyone in the tristate area probably has heard of this place) and I must say we got a helluva deal. a couple weeks ago we went in and didn't find anything that we liked but the sales man asked if it would be ok if he called us if something came in that "fit out needs" so I said sure and left him with my cell number, he called me yesterday and said "we just got a custom set couch/love seat come back because the sash underneath the love seat needed to be re-stapled (you know the thing thats under the couch that hides the springs etc) as well as the love seat was slightly lighter in color than the couch and the fella that ordered it turned it down because of that" so I ask how much, he says $399 for both pieces, "I will be right down to check it out!" hopped in the car with wify and the monsters..I mean kiddos to check this set out, I was fully expecting an ugly pattern or a noticeable piece of damage on one of the pieces, you know like the sales man was just telling me what I wanted to hear to get me back in the store, well to my surprise when I got there the set was very high end looking a chocolate brown with 4 throw pillows which match our living room perfectly I might add, so I sat down and they were comfy etc etc etc, so the sales man had gone home for the day but had left my name with the supervisor, when he came by I asked him why they were in the "bargain basement" area and he said that it usually means a customer refused a delivery or it was torn somewhere but he did not know the specifics, well these babies looked perfect in every way so I decided to look underneath and low and behold the sash under the love seat was a slightly different shade of beige than the couch. hmmm this is the part that faces the floor and is just a piece of cloth to hide the springs if one were to flip the couch over, and the color difference in the two pieces? was hard to notice but I guess it was there no worries of mine so we decided to take them off of good ol Bob's hands, We pick them up this afternoon so soon I will be tossing the old leather sectional that we have now and rearranging the living room. Now that I have bored you with my sofa story here is the menu from Tuesday.

07/01/08

Breakfast
8:15 AM
2 multi-grain english muffins 200
2 wedges laughing cow 70
15 slices turkey pepperoni 70
sliced tomato 10

Lunch
2:00 PM
1 cup peas 105
3/4 cup rice pilaf 165
1 dannon yogurt 60

Dinner
6:00 PM
6 inch turkey subway 280

8:15 PM
rum cake ???

Grand total of just about what it should have been I hope and if not, it is what it is. were moving in a forward direction and holding the line. I am just a guy that made a decision to lose some weight and get healthy again and here I am doing just that day in and day out without pause. eventually you will be reading about how I am maintaining my weight or how I am trying to fund the skin surgery that I am anticipating needing to get and I will be able to look back and say "I was once 534 pounds and here I stand now at 275, and all it took was a little bit of a commitment on my part" I do thank you for reading as well as the support you give.

As Ever
Me

2 comments:

  1. Geez, Zues...gettin a little low on the intake lately, aren't ya??

    Don't worry...I'm not gonna gripe too much at you. But, c'mon! A six inch sub for dinner?! Even I'd be needing more for dinner than that!!!

    Okay, okay, so I'm done with the teasing.

    Wow! A new couch and love seat....that was discounted because of some very minor flaws?! That's my kind of furniture!!! I'm so happy for you that you'll finally be able to throw out that leather sectional that you've been wanting to replace.

    Good to know that the cake has done it's duty this year around, and has left daddy happy for this year. It lasted you a few days, but I'm glad to know that it's gone. Now, you can use your calories on more filling and/or nutritious foods! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 399 for two pieces is a GREAT deal! that rocks. Wify must be thrilled!!!!
    I love buying stuff that is on clearance! I think so much of what we buy is just not worth the money and every penny saved counts!


    oh and about the skin surgery... I don't know how much help this will be but I read a TON of articles after your las post about it and a lot of people believe that your lose skin just means you need to lose more fat. I will try to find the articles and post em for ya in the morn.

    ReplyDelete