Monday, July 14, 2008

One incredible clock and time is the answer.

I believe I am back on track with the blog, I know that I missed a couple days here and there and the internet issue paused me for a while but I am back to daily posts now. Sunday went good as far as intake goes coming in at 1380 calories for the day and we made a trip to my Father in laws place for some turkey burgers on the grill. I did not exercise at all Sunday and I am posting daily when I do not exercise to hopefully get myself back into the groove of things and start hitting it hard again, today I WILL ride my bike. I am finding that lately that things are very natural to me where this eating right thing comes into play, I know I know you ask, But what about the cake you have been eating man? welp thats just it, I can have my cake and eat it too so to speak, I did in fact have some very yummy Italian cakes in the past couple weeks but so what? thats life right? Birthdays will happen and cake will be there and I will eat some, the key is moderation and once a guy can figure that part out the rest is cake! pun intended. so this last 6.5 months has been an extremely information filled portion of my life where I learned that doing is the only way things are going to happen where weight related issues are concerned.


I will now give you a quote "Dost thou love life? then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of" ~Benjamin Franklin~ , if we spend our time thinking about doing something or procrastinating the days away there is a lot of things that get missed. in the last 6 or so years before I decided to take control of my weight I know there are things that I missed out on because of the extra baggage that I had been carrying around for so long and it took a little girl to make me start thinking about it on a daily basis enough to start looking into weight loss options and I was sold on getting a gastric bypass until I read about death as a side effect. then it hit me, am I that weak that I cannot control what goes into my body? and I knew that I was not that guy so it began and here we are, now I can say with all honesty that I do not regret doing this sooner but that doesn't stop me from wishing I had, but then you know what they say about wishing, wish into one hand and shit into the other and tell me which one fills up first. time is a funny thing because most things just take a little time and you can have whatever you want in life if you can accept that fact, including a healthy lifestyle. such basic concepts escape us all too often and when the spiral starts it seems as if nothing can stop it but the plain truth of the matter is that we are responsible for our own actions and thats that.

Here is the menu from Sunday.

07/14/08

Breakfast
12:15 PM
2 80 calorie rolls 160
2 eggs 140
Turkey pepperoni 70
1 tbsp miracle whip 35

Lunch
2:00 PM
1.5oz pretzel sticks 155
crystal light 35

Dinner
6:30 PM
8oz ground turkey 320
2 80 calorie rolls 160
pasta salad w/apples and tuna 200
condiments 20

9:00 PM
1 pear 85

Grand total of 1380 calories for the day, and it was a late start eating because I was playing that silly game in the morning and basically forgot to eat doh! things are still moving in a good direction and the band plays on. Thank you for reading and know that it is possible to drop the weight that you may be carrying around and know that it is possible to do it with nothing more than determination.

As Ever
Me

2 comments:

  1. I think you're really onto something there. I believe that we have to be able to enjoy regular occasions and meals within moderation in order to even be successful with weight loss. I mean for pete's sake, if I can't even have a special meal out this week for my 15th anniversary...what's the point? This is life, and food is a big part of it...none of us needs it to rule every moment of every day.

    Glad to see the internet thing has been fixed and you're back on daily posts...I've been trying harder to get on here at least every other day...but I prefer daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts!! I really like the way your mind rolls out ideas, in such a naturally organized and logical manner! I love that you say that the past 6.5 months have been "extremely information filled..." during which you've learned that procrastination is never going to get you what you want out of life. I feel sometimes that my life is an odd combination of planning and procrastination, so this whole losing weight thing is really unlike me. I think we have a lot to be proud of...for finally going for it and getting it done! And, you, for sure, have helped lead this horse to water - - and it's just a good thing that I wasn't too stubborn to "drink" once I got there. So, thank you, for helping me to stay on track all of this time. I really appreciate all of the support you've given me since I began this journey this year. :)

    ReplyDelete