Thursday, July 24, 2008

The calm before the storm, yep its the eve of weighing in again.

Once again were here a day before weigh in and I am wondering if I will see a loss this week, it has been a little rough with the back acting up earlier in the week but it seems to have corrected itself and the exercise has resumed. I did get a bike ride in yesterday afternoon, I rode for 21 minutes and wanted to do another 15 later in the day but that never happened, 2 kids doesn't always allow for extras, but I will try to ride twice today to make up a little bit and just for the fact that why not twice? I figure if I can find the time its all good for me right?

Intake was good for the day and I ended up consuming 1415 calories and enough brussel sprouts to put them on some kind of an endangered veggie list. I am awaiting on a ferry to leave port as it did not leave yesterday and that is the first time in a while that it has had problems at the dock, hopefully it works itself out (no pun intended) and I can have a decent weigh in come morning. I am not expecting a giant loss because of the lack of exercise this week but I am expecting a loss none the less.



I have finally come to the conclusion that its time to buy some more clothing regardless of the fact that they will likely not fit correctly in a few months, I walked past a mirror in a shirt that I have always thought fit good and welp it just plain old does not fit any more. it is a 6xl as are most of my shirts and I am comfortably in a 4xl now, I don't know what the size difference is in measurements between 4 and 6x but its huge as far as the way it looks. jeans are not as big a problem because I just poke a new hole in my belt and cinch it up a little more, though the size 56 are unwearable at this point I do have an abundance of size 50-52's that can be worn with a belt still BUT remember I am in a size 46 now so they are still big. once I hit my goal of 275 I was going to donate my big clothes to someone that could use it as I know how expensive big fella clothing can be BUT I want to make sure I won't need it any more before I do something like that, so some lucky big guy will get a care package when I hit goal weight, I figure its better than making it into rags to wash the car with. and of course I will keep 1 pair of jeans and one tee shirt to remind me how hard I worked, even to get to this point.

Another thing that has been on my mind lately is that I am thinking about looking into a profession either counseling or helping obese people to lose weight and gain control of their lives again after I hit my goal weight. from time to time through comments or emails as well as from family members I have been told that I should look into something like this and at first I thought "man I am just a fat dude trying to get healthy" but the more I think about it the more it makes sense to me to at least explore this idea and see what would be entailed in such a venture. I mean who would understand better about being 500+ pounds than a guy thats been there and worked through it? I think I could be a help to people in a field such as that so if anyone out there has an idea or has done this before I would love to hear from you on this matter.

There ya have another Thursday post by me, I do thank you as always for following along with my little adventure to thinness and hope to see a loss by the am tune in to the same bat channel at the same bat time for my numbers.

As Ever
Me

3 comments:

  1. I think that would be an awesome idea!! People would get a lot out of your story that is for sure!

    Go for it!!

    Have a wonderful day!!

    *huggles*
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I think you would make a great counselor!
    Good luck tomorrow at weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think you should get a few new duds...you deserve to fit in your clothes for pete's sake! You've done such a spectacular job so far and will continue to do well...I say ditch the big clothes now and don't have a fall back. More incentive to keep the weight off that's already gone. I've gotten rid of every single thing that is too big for me!

    I have had the same types of thoughts about counseling people that want to lose weight. I think that is really a job made for someone who has lost significant weight and can understand and empathize with the client. Go for it!

    Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete