Monday, October 19, 2009

Apple pies and chopping wood, sick man standing.

This weekend was not what I would call a fun time exactly, if you read this blog regularly you know that my daughter was sick Thursday and me being a stay at home dad that translates into me getting sick when she does a lot of times and this time is no different. I felt it coming on last Friday so I decided that I would go to the gym before it got bad as I was planning on a Saturday trip to the gym and Saturday morning I didn't want to get out of bed, but of course I did and I ended up chopping about a third of a cord of firewood, great idea eh? and so much for a day of rest, on the one hand it was exercise, but then here I was (am) sick as a dog. My evening ended with a couple shots of brandy and a big ol cup of hot green tea and off to bed I went only to wake up Sunday feeling just as bad, I ended up running some errands and finally got myself a couple pair of long workout pants to wear to the gym and coming home to make a picked fresh from the tree apple pie that I had promised the boss lady I would do was the plan. I ended up heading to bed pretty early (9:30 pm) and slept like a log until my little one stomped up the basement stairs returning from putting in some laundry in with Mommy at O dark thirty (translated thats about 6:30 am) long story short, I still feel like ass but better than yesterday.


My pie, it looks small in this picture but I assure you it weighs like 8 pounds!

All of this actually may work out for me in the way of me not missing a day at the gym because I have an appointment today to talk to the doc about scheduling my gallbladder surgery so I would have missed the gym today any way its cut. With hope and prayers I feel well enough tomorrow to resume going to the gym so that I can keep my momentum with the losses, if not? it is what it is and there is always next week. I did not drink enough over the weekend, my throat was (is) sore and I just didn't feel up to it, but I did manage about a gallon of tea Sunday and less than a half of a gallon of anything on Saturday. My caloric intake for Sunday was 1845 total including the slice of pie I had last night but I figure with the honey in my tea and the "test tastes" of the apple mixture that its slightly higher than that, have a look at the menu from Sunday.

Breakfast
8:45 AM
2 cups fruit and grain cereal 240
1 cup 1% milk 110

11:00 AM
1 apple 100

Lunch
12:30 PM
4 oz grilled chicken breast 200
italian wrap 90
lettuce/tomato/pickle 35

3:30 PM
pile of cherry tomatoes 35

4:45 PM
1 apple 100

Dinner
6:30 PM
5oz ground turkey 200
2 80 cal rolls 160
7oz sweet potato fries 175
ketchup 25

8:45 PM
slice of apple pie 375

After today I should have a date to get this old Gallbladder taken out and hopefully I feel well enough tomorrow to head to the gym again. I will need to figure out a plan to avoid the rest of that apple pie in the refrigerator and today I am forcing myself to drink my regular 1.5 gallons of fluid, and will be keeping the calories light and under 1700 today. Thanks for reading along and supporting my trip to being half the man I once was so that I can be twice the Father and Husband that I want to be.

That is all.

As Ever
Me

3 comments:

  1. My Mom is having her gallbladder out right this very minute! :-)

    Sorry you're sick, hope you feel better soon.... and.. man, that's a fine looking pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that vote on the pie - well done! Not too many people make pie from scratch anymore...accolades!

    Thank you for your postings - it heartens me to see a man put so much effort into making the changes needed to improve his life and the people he needs to be (i.e., father/husband). Let us know what the date and time is on your surgery - we'll keep you enfolded in prayers, and lift your caregivers, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm...pie. I would eat the whole thing.

    I had my gallbladder out last year. It was very quick and easy. I just have 2 tiny scars on my belly and they are fading.

    Keep up the good work. Hope your daughter feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete