Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 70

"The beginning is the most important part of the work" -Plato- I heard that a long time ago and it makes more sense to me than it ever has, habits are formed and paths chosen are the most profitable for me where my health is concerned in the past couple of months. I was thinking about this last night, I went for a walk through the neighborhood with the whole family. as I walked I thought about just this past summer, a time that I was at a park that I had been going to since I was a child, my father made the suggestion that we walk past the barrier blocking the road to a bridge that has been closed since I was young, so we agreed and half way to the bridge my back was beginning to hurt (injury hurt) but what I didn't tell him or my wife was that I was just plain old getting tired too. so we turned around and walked back to a picnic bench, why I mention this is because that bridge is only 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the barrier where the car was parked and now I am walking more than a mile at a time and the only reason that I stop is because of my daughter having enough. so I do believe that the beginning IS the most important part of work. when I started writing this post today I didn't know how to start it so I just started typing and this came out. I can honestly say that I am physically stronger than I was just two and a half months ago.

Intake was good for the day other than I went over the 1500 mark by a few coming in at 1547 cals for the day. I ended up going to bed at 10:30 so I got a good amount of sleep last night yet I still feel tired from the weekend. as mentioned earlier in this post I did go for a walk last night, we ended up walking 1 mile, I didn't time it but it was a good pace, and came home and did 60 push ups and no stretches because it was after dinner and the family was here so we were doing other things. over all a pretty decent day. my weight this morning is higher than yesterday morning but thats just the normal fluctuation I believe so no worries, as long as its a loss by Friday I will be happy.

onto the menu

03/10/2008

Breakfast
8:00 AM
1.5 cups bran cereal 180
1 cup 1% milk 110

9:45 AM
1oz Vermont sharp cheddar 110
8 wheat ritz crackers 112

Lunch
12:15 PM
wheat bagel 110
1/2 oz philly cream cheese 50

2:30 PM
lean cuisine beef & chinese veggies 170
3/4 cup cooked white rice 150

Dinner
6:30 PM
1 can tuna 150
2 slices whole wheat bread 140
1 tbsp miracle whip 35
1 pat butter 35
1oz vermont sharp cheddar 110
crystal light 20

9:30 PM
1 small pear 65


Grand total of 1547 calories for the day, and something I find interesting i that I came in higher than yesterday but I feel good about the intake, because its better foods and spread evenly across the day so I feel like it was a healthier day. "All animals except man know that the ultimate of life is to enjoy it" -Samuel Butler- this will be my new way of looking at life. Thanks for following along with this thing that I started just 70 days ago.

As Ever
Me

3 comments:

  1. You really have come a LONG way in the past couple of months. I have no doubt about that. I'm glad that you stop and think about these types of things, because you really need to realize how much YOU'VE helped YOURSELF by making this lifestyle change. I know you already know that, but I just hope you're very proud of yourself! Think about the fact that there doesn't seem to be an ending to this journal anywhere in sight. Imagine how much stronger you'll be 2 1/2 months from NOW than you are today! I'm just really excited to get on her every day and see that you've continuously stayed on track, and seem to be very focused and determined to continue with this weight loss. It's refreshing. It has probably been a big reason why I've tried to jump back on the bandwagon when I seem to have started to fall off a few times. It's like, "Tony's still on that bandwagon....I wanna jump back on!!"
    So, thanks for staying so focused. You may not realize how much that has helped me to re-focus after I've lost focus over the past couple of months....but it really has helped me immensely.

    *end of cheesy comment*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, all I can say to that comment is, Thank you.

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Robyn- when you go any length of time without a blog entry, I'm missing it. Sunday was the perfect example- I know you have a life, but now you have become a part of mine. So keep on sharing with us. Sometimes starting out not knowing what to write about, get the best results. Great post.

    ReplyDelete