Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Boomarang effect that is weight loss.

In yesterdays post I was projecting frustration and upon waking this morning I stepped on the scale and poof just like that I am back down to Saturdays weight. It is truly amazing how the scale can dictate a persons outlook on how things are progressing and even though I have been doing this since 2008 and should know the ups and downs. I should be thanking my Wife for the scale this morning as we had an um.. problem arise yesterday that was pretty stressful and she asked like she does every day "Whats for dinner Hon?" my reply? "Pizza, what do you want on it" and though I was half kidding if she had said "peppers, onions, mushrooms and sausage" I probably would have been on the phone. Wify said, "Make a salad, or how about Tuna on a wrap? I can make you an egg white omelet if you want" I did opt for the omelet and this morning my weight reflected that having support is a huge part of success for many people me included.

Last night I decided to put some knobby tires on my K2 so that I can start taking it on my "easy loop" route to start getting my legs back so that come spring I am ready for the trail. Of course the fact that I made this decision angered the weather gods and there is six plus inches of snow outside right now but they will not stop me. The fact that it snowed last night meant that Zeusmeatball got to have an hour and forty five minutes worth of cardio this morning shoveling my driveway and clearing my truck so that Wify could get to work this morning, so take that weather gods! I am not opposed to riding with snow on the ground and since I am doing my shorter loop it won't be a big deal anyways so looking forward to some rides in the net couple weeks. 

Over all I am feeling decent about this restart with the weight loss/health thang and I keep coming back to sensible eating, some exercise and a positive outlook as what works. I am looking forward to fitting back into the whole wardrobe that is hanging in my closet right now unused, I am looking forward to this fall and the leaves on the trail as I wind off 25 miles on a Sunday morning and I am looking forward to getting my juju back so that I am doing what I need and want to do on a daily again with my physical self. 

Hanging in there with some rough patches but its all smoothing out, discipline, determination and some hard work will pay off for me as long as I do my part. 

That's all I got for today. 

As Ever
Me

6 comments:

  1. lots of white stuff on the ground makes for a good workout bro...get outside and help me move it.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you outlook is so good today! I've been reading your blogs for years now and never posted. Today was the day! Keep it up, you motivate us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are looking up from yesterday. It is funny how that one simple number... a tiny little blip on the radar, can impact the whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the scale is back down for you! I know I hate when mine is up even a little. It pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to quote Marion (http://affectionforfitness.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/exhausted-from-trying-to-lose-weight_16.html):

    "The scale will often fool you with its fickle bobbles, but the calorie system is your true and loyal friend."

    If you remember that simple truth you'll get there in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wife!! Good for her, we need all the support we can get. You've got this kiddo just keep going.

    ReplyDelete