Monday, January 7, 2013

Baby Calisthenics and a workout is behind me.

Here we are a few days into me getting back to the regularly scheduled programming where posting to my blog goes and I am feeling pretty decent as to where I am. My intake is going well and I am almost done with coffee again, next on the agenda is getting to bed early again as I end up staying awake until at least 12AM most nights. Sleep is a very important ingrediant in a solid weight loss better health plan and I know this yet I am still staying up late because its what I have been doing, it will come together.
 
What I need to do is ramp my exercise again, I am currently just doing what I am calling "Baby Calisthenics" as I am home with the 20 month old all day I may as well incorperate her into my exercise rght? so today I did crunches in 3 different positions while she beat on my abdomin and dove across my mid section. Following the crunches we did some "Baby Bench presses" This is where I lay on my back on the living room floor and do exactly that, I bench press the baby! She counts along and laughs and since my hands are very close together I can actually feel it a bit in my arms with the high reps. After the presses we did some squats, I held her in front of me and when I came up I tossed her into the air and caught her then back down for the next rep, talk about making getting some light movements into your day fun! I closed with some push ups, she mainly watched me and tried to mimic what I was doing but it was fun and thinking about how I may be installing good habits into her gray matter made it that much sweeter.
 
Over all I am feelig better than I was 2 weeks ago and its amazing how just eating better will do that, go figure! who wouldda thunk? As I sit here typing this post out I am thinking about my bike riding or I should say the lack of my bike riding in the recent months, this must be remidied. My trainer is set up with my K2 and the Trek scowles at me as it sits next to my bed for tha lack of riding time its gotten last year. My legs are far from what they were when I was riding regularly but I am going to slowly get them back so that hopefully I can get back out there sooner than later and hit the trail.
 
Later than normal this post floats into the blogosphere but alas! Baby Calisthenics was more important and truly more fun! Making batter choices with my intake once again is proving positive of course and hopefully the pounds will start dropping from my bones and I can get to posting images of items matching what I weigh. Friday I will post my weight good bad or ugly and I am so far from where I was that its gonna be ugly any way its cut! BUT it is what it is and it shall be so.
 
Thats all I got for today, check me out again tomorrow and remember don' be shy! leave me a comment, opinion, reccomendation in the comments, its always good to get those.

As Ever
Me 

4 comments:

  1. I love those baby calisthenics! So cute!
    I tried that with my fat corgi before, and all I got was an unwelcome fart to the face.
    No doubt you'll end up with the same thing. I hear babies aren't shy with their bowels! :-)

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool baby calisthenics! Kind of like what I do with my cat. When he lets me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...and you're right, it's a perfect way to get your little one into fitness at an early age! I so admire your creativity, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to get exercise and fun at the same time! As the baby gets bigger it will get harder :)

    ReplyDelete