Thursday, May 7, 2009

You have to read this! not really but do it anyways..

Tomorrow is the big day so to speak, it will be my official "new start" weigh in, I already know that its a good week because I peeked at the scale yesterday morning but I am kind of excited because if I lose more by tomorrow am it will be a VERY good week. Yesterday I came in at a total of 1580 calories which included a whey protein shake after dinner, I have been taking these after I work out for the past week but last night I had forgotten to actually drink the shake so had to add it later than normal because I had allotted the calories for it already and I would have been way low for the day if I skipped it. I did skip working out yesterday besides relocating a Japanese maple tree in my yard so no exercise, partially because I am still very sore from Tuesdays strength training session and I didn't want to push it too soon. I drank 1 gallon of home brewed pomegranate green tea, 1/2 gallon straight H2O and I did share a diet coke with my daughter at Subway for lunch, so I am hydrated properly. Have a look at the menu from Wednesday.

05/07/09

Breakfast
7:45 AM
2 cups honey combs 220
1 cup 1% milk 110

Lunch
12:15 PM
6 inch turkey subway 280

2:45 PM
2 slices whole wheat bread 140
1 T peanut butter 95
1 T jam 50

Dinner
7:00 PM
1 can tuna 120
3 slices whole wheat bread 210
1 T miracle whip 35
sliced tomato/jalapeno/dill pickle 25
1/2 oz pretzels 55

9:00 PM
1 scoop whey protein powder 130
8oz 1% milk 110

Yesterdays menu was sort of carb heavy looking at it again, it seems there was bread at every meal but that is ok because I will balance it out today with a heavier protein consumption. As I get closer to an ideal weight I think I will have to tweak my intake a bit more paying closer attention to carb/fat/protein levels as much as calories, not that I am close to an ideal weight currently but I am getting there and preplanning can't hurt. I am sitting just around the corner from 200 total pounds lost and I want to be bold and predict that I will get there within 2 weeks, now remember I was 349 pounds last Friday so saying 2 weeks feels like it will be a challenge but I want to push myself with some strength training for the next couple weeks and I think the change in the program will shock my body into a couple of good weeks of losing.

Unfortunately it is STILL raining here in New England but I have been walking regardless so I am not too bothered by the presence of the wet weather, but this morning it is pretty steady and I would have to drag the kiddo along with me so instead of a walk I will head out to run some errands and I may end up at the mall just to do a few laps (30 minutes worth with the kiddo in her stroller) and that feels like such an old lady thing to do but hey! I gotta get my walk in and if that will allow it without a crying 3 year old so be it. I am also planning on doing some light weight training again this afternoon along with 40 or so push ups.

I am really looking forward to tomorrows weigh in and I think you will agree that I had an exceptional week where weight loss comes into the picture after I post the weeks results tomorrow. Make sure you get on up and grab yourself a glass of H2O because you need and deserve it for reading through this entire post and with that the end has come to yet another brain twisting episode of as the fat guy turns.

As Ever
Me

4 comments:

  1. I just found your blog its great. I have my fingers crossed for you with a nice weight loss this week. That pomegranate green tea sounds good I love pomergrantes if you can will you share the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what tomorrow brings. Sounds like you've had a great week, I'm hoping for one next week myself. A walk with the kiddo is not old ladyish, but I must admit I did picture it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration to me. I look forward to reading your blogs! Thanks for sharing your life with us. I am sure you will lose what you wanted soon enough. I will be keeping you in my prayers.

    I am still trying hard to get my weight under control, I need to push myself more to walk like I was doing when I first began my journey,and try to count my calories more. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers

    Thanks..

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete