Friday, May 22, 2009

200 pounds lost? did he make it this week?!

As expected this week is not going to be the week that I bust that 200 pounds lost mark, I have to admit that I am a bit confused about this weeks weigh in but it is what it is and like I said yesterday I am stronger this week from last and that's the important part. When I stepped on the scale it said 340.2 pounds so that's exactly 2 pounds up from last week and I said that I was confused but I do have a couple theories to go with that plate of confusion. I have eaten perfectly within my 1700 calorie limits all week so that's a non issue I think besides the fact that I probably could have had more fiber, I have drank at least a gallon of green tea every day this week along with about a gallon of straight H2O each day as well so hydration is there. The two things that I suspect are hindering the loss this week are the fact that I have/had jammed up docks for almost the entire week and the fact that I have been going to bed later than usual, after midnight and as late as 1:00 am for the last 4 nights or so.

Now that I have analyzed the week it is time to plan for the coming week and I will keep it simple.

1.) Eat no more than 1700 calories per day and watch the fiber intake.

2.) Drink at least 1.5 gallons of Green tea or straight H2O per day.

3.) Now that I have the all clear from the doc, I will hit the cardio hard this week.

4.) Work out every day this week, no days off until the next weigh in.

I know that looks a lot like what I already do, but the two major differences are that I will not be taking a day off of exercise this week and I will really amp up the cardio because I have been holding back and only walking since the doc told me to do so until an ECG was done. Honestly the mere fact that the ECG results came back clean has relieved a huge amount of stress that I was under for the past 3 to 4 weeks and I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me and I plan on taking full advantage of my stress free high by hitting the exercise hard this week to try and make up for the lack of any real cardio work in the last few weeks.

This weeks weigh in shows a positive number as far as the raw number goes but I honestly think that I will hit that 200 pound mark my Friday if not sooner. I did everything that I could do this week including extending my walking distance because of feeling like 2 miles wasn't enough when walking was the only exercise and it was upped to 3 miles, My raw weight may be up by 2 pounds (even if its the docks or lack of sleep) it is up and I have to accept that fact, the other fact that I accept is that I have done everything that I could given the circumstances of the last month and the halt of movement by my doc so I am happy with the scale this week even though it is not a loss.

This week was not the week that I become the fella that can say that he lost 200 pounds, but next week I think that little fact will not be a fact any more. Don't forget that H2O and always remember to keep on keepin on because if you don't nobody else will do it for you.

PS: C25K coming to a theater near you very soon!

As Ever
Me

4 comments:

  1. You'll get there - you are doing an amazing job so far. It's like a train, it takes longer than by plane - but you eventually get to your destination.

    I bet you will post the 200 pounds next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great week. I know lack of sleep is a biggie for me and stress. Sounds like you have a good game plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are going to have a great week ahead of you - your determination is telling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your approach to dieting. Reaching your target is not a matter of "if" just a matter of "when". My bet is you hit your 200 pound milestone. Imagine that - you have lost the equivelant weigtht of two Japanese Highschool girls.

    ReplyDelete