Saturday, November 15, 2008

Drop and give me 150!

It is 4:59PM Saturday and I have made good on my challenge, I just completed my push ups from the comments yesterday, I did a total of 151 push ups broken into six sets 20 and two sets of 15 with an extra one at the end for good measure. I took about a minute to 90 seconds between sets and I KNOW that I will regret doing this tomorrow or even later this evening, my triceps and chest were pretty much numb when I started the sets of 15 but I had to finish so I did. There you have it, I made good on my challenge and I am 151 push ups stronger than I was yesterday so it was a good thing, ask me tomorrow how I feel about it and you may just get a different answer though. If I were to even attempt this just 10 months ago I would have failed miserably and basically was not capable of accomplishing 150 push ups even done in sets like I just did them. Let me tell you that life at 534 pounds is a struggle, making sure that you get your daily exercise can be a chore, watching what you eat 24/7 is a lot of work and can also be a struggle at times but the results that can be had for doing just that are more than worth that effort, trust me when I say that, I have been on that side of the yard and it ain't no picnic.


The last place anyone wants to be is in an eternal struggle with anything and everything within this short sliver of time we call life. Having extra weight on your body can cause all kinds of turmoil physically and mentally within someones image of them self as well as cause health issues and an uncomfortable outlook with the world that just has to be experienced to fully understand it, I do not wish this uncomfortable feeling on anyone. I am not really talking about being 20 or even 30 pounds over weight, when you are 200-300 pounds over weight the things that a person misses out on out of the pure fact that they cannot do them is insane. Imagine not being able to walk for more than 5 minutes at a time without severe pain in your back and being out of breath, feeling your body struggle with every step yet trying to keep a tiny piece of pride for yourself and pushing through it obviously doing so to anyone that looks in the direction where you are standing but you convince yourself that no one can tell. Perhaps your family is going to a ball game or concert and time and time again you have to decline going not because you dislike loud music or baseball but because you have zero chance of fitting into a stadium seat. How about having to turn sideways to go into a bathroom door? the list is much longer than you would like to know and is filled with things that a person might never even think could become an issue unless they were one of the unfortunate that had to walk in those shoes.

534lbs to 366lbs in just over ten months and a world of difference in every aspect of my life is what has been done. I do not feel hungry almost ever, and my energy is up 100%. I eat what I want to and am not on a special diet, I eat well and often and even enjoy going out to restaurants without going outside of my calorie range or feeling like I am eating less than a great meal and if I do go above calories now and again thats alright too. I have the nutritional information from most of if not all of the eateries that I enjoy and feel no guilt when I eat there. If you are struggling with weight because you cannot afford a gym membership or because you cannot afford special meal plans and packets you are doing so needlessly, I spend less money on food now than when I was not eating correctly and I am eating more than ever and healthier than ever, and I have no membership to a gym. It takes a lot of planning and reading and preparation I will admit that but it is worth every second that you choose to put into it and I am finding that the more work that I put into being healthy the healthier and more successful I am with the losses.

I do thank all of you that were evil enough to leave me a comment yesterday and added to the total of my push up challenge, maybe I will do this again next week IF my chest has recouped by then! now all of you that read this go grab a glass of water and relish in the fact that my chest is very weak right now and will be sore in hours, but also know that that soreness drives me to do more so its a win win!

As Ever
Me

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, Tony!

    I just completed my 150 jumping jacks. I went all the way to 65, then had to stop for a minute....then continued on until I reached 150! I was afraid my calves were going to start cramping up, but they did not. It took hardly any time, but surely it was beneficial somehow or another, right?! Let's hope I didn't do it for nothing!! LOL!!

    As for you, your chest is gonna burn for DAYS I bet. Just remember that all of that burning just means that you're building new muscle that you wouldn't have built otherwise! Building muscle burns calories! YAY!! ;)

    I'm proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tony and Robyn!!! Well I couldn't let you both do what you said and me not do it so I just finished 150 sit-ups. I did sets of 25 till I was done, I'm definitely feeling it.

    Thanks Tony for doing this it really did motivate me. All you said in your post is so true about people that have never been really big just can't understand how much a really large person gives up. It's nice to think you can do anything you set your mind to now isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job man! If you keep this up, when you hit your goal weight you'll be doing one-handed push-ups all day long with ease. :)I was happy I made it to 50 push ups last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys! its Monday and my chest, shoulders and wings are killin me still from those push ups! I need to start doing them more regularly again and then I will up the challenges :)

    I appreciate the time you guys take to leave comments for me.

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have wings?! Wow! Awesome! I knew there was something different about you.

    ;)

    Seriously, though: What are "wings?"

    ReplyDelete