Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I am living proof, and I ain't talkin oatmeal

Let us start with a quote this morning, "What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it" -Alexander Graham Bell- this quote defines my state of mind where losing this weight is concerned, and that may seem like a heavy quote for a thing such as losing some weight to some people, likely the people that have never had to lose the amount of weight that I and many other people have had to lose but heavy none the less. I have always treated this as something that I have to do instead of something that I want to or am just doing and that in itself may be the driving force behind what I have accomplished in the last eight months. I started off at a whopping 534 pounds and in just eight short months with nothing more than raw determination and discipline have dropped 145 pounds of unwanted body weight from my 6'5'' frame and still have more than 100 pound left to lose, imagine that, a guy that has lost 145 pounds still has more than 100 pound to lose before a respectable weight is realized, thoughts like that floor me.

I have grown up around a few family members that have struggled with weight loss and all of them have handled it a little differently than the next, from Atkins diet to taking the latest and greatest miracle pill right on down to basic calorie counting and some have had some good results and some have had less than good but they all have had the same end result for the most part which is to put the weight back on at some point. I think that anyone can be a success where losing weight is concerned and it does not take the next big diet buzz or miracle pill to do so, I have said this before but I think it is worth repeating, we all have what it takes to lose weight and its something that is free to all of us, its called willpower others call it determination and still others call it drive but you do have it and its free for the taking and it is all that you need to successfully drop the pounds. I know that things are tempting and I know that sometimes are harder than others but the fact is that you make the choice to put the food in your mouth and you make the decision to exercise or not to do those things. can it be difficult sometimes to not eat that piece of pie? will that chocolate covered cherry call to you now and again? maybe but it still comes down to whether you have the willpower to not take it or will it be eaten with extreme prejudice? the choice is always ours to make.

Now THAT would take some serious willpower to stay away from.

Sometimes you just have to stop and ask "what am I doing to myself?" and when the answer is obvious a decision needs to be made. are you ready to begin the rest of your life? or maybe the more important question is are you ready to stop killing yourself? Make the decision...

As Ever
Me

0 comments: