Friday, May 14, 2010

New low weight, out of the 300's? oh me oh my we're getting close!

This week I pretty much busted my ass where working out was the subject and its the first week where I am at 1900 calories and I had the entire week on point and I have to say that I am happy with what the scale said to me. Last Friday I was 311.2 pounds which was up by two pounds from my lowest weight of 309 pounds and this morning I weighed 306.0 pounds three times in a row which means a five pound drop for the week and I am now three pounds lower than my all time low! This weeks weigh in means that I have lost 42.69% of my total starting weight and the closer that number creeps up towards that 50% mark the crazier it feels to me that I was ever that big, how was I doing anything past breathing?? This weeks weigh in leaves me 31 pounds from my original goal weight of 275 pounds and a mere 6 pounds from busting that 300 pound mark and entering into the two hundreds, hopefully its not a stubborn six.

This 1991 Suzuki RGV 250 comes in at 306 pounds and of course thats what I weigh now or you wouldn't be seeing this image.


This 1986 Kawasaki AR 125 comes in at 228 pounds and now try to imagine carrying that around all day, motorcycles are made to carry us around right?

I tried to get an picture of the scale but the light in the room wouldn't cooperate and the flash kept hiding the number but man was I happy to see it there. I was expecting a decent number but I was not expecting five pounds loss for the week and a three pound difference from my previous low weight, did I mention that I am happy to see a good loss? I mentioned bustin' ass this week and to give you a sample of my workouts yesterday I went to the gym and did my normal 20 minute bike ride and 20 on the treadmill but called it a day there for the gym because I knew that I was going to pick my daughter up from school on my bike. I did 10 miles on my bike all hills towing my 45 pound daughter and the trailer which is quickly becoming my favorite form of exercise, you know the towing part, the kiddo loves it and we chat the whole time so its like I said, fun.

The plan is to stick to the plan, I am going to eat 1900 calories per day, keep drinking the same way, ride my bike as much as possible as long as the rain doesn't stop me and sleep a plenty this week and hopefully I can duplicate the results come next Friday. I am only 31 pounds from my original goal weight which will be my first stop on the "Holy shit did I actually just do this" tour with the next stop being 267 pounds and that number will get me to that 50% total weight lost mark and I want that one just for the sheer size of the number. Ultimately I believe that I would like to end up closer to 250 pounds but once I am at 275 and then 267 I will make that decision on whether I will keep trying to go lower and I already know that at some point gaining some more muscle will become the main focus because lets face it, I can't lose weight forever right?! I mean, I am going to hit a point where I weigh what I should and I have been bitten hard by this workout bug so I am not letting that go to waste. This train only goes one way and the destination is somewhere that I am a healthy weight and after that lots of lean mass will be added to the already present size that I do have underneath the skin cape.

This week is what I needed to see, I needed to see a loss and I worked hard for it now its time for some rinse repeat and lets see if I can get under that 300 mark come next Friday. I will need to drop six pounds to get there by then but its not impossible, improbable perhaps but impossible I think not and we will have to wait and see how it all pans out in the next weeks episode of As the fat guy turns.

As Ever
Me

15 comments:

  1. Big Ups to you Tony! Or should I say Downs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're comin down faster than a contestant on The Price is Right. Keep it up my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job! The terrific two's are within your grasp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Great news for you, Tony. Way to go. You'll be in the 2's very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image of you pulling your daughter makes me smile. I'm sure she feels like a princess. What a wonderful experience for both of you!!!

    Congrats on the new weight! I have no doubt you will continue losing at 1900 calories. You are smart to be increasing your daily calorie allotment now. Much better for your overall metabolism, in the long run, even if your rate of loss slows down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Tony, you are doing great!!! Those 200's are SOOOO close now. K

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're inspiring and I enjoy your candor! I saw your story on the Woman's Day site and you're totally helping me continue my journey. Thank you for motivating me again and helping me get back on track. I've lost 90lbs so far and still have a ways to go and you're blog is super helpful! I felt compelled to comment because I think you should stop using the phrase "As the fat guy turns" - you're not fat anymore! YAY you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Tony!! YOU DO ROCK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kickin ass dude! Kickin some serious ass!

    Congratulations on this new low number!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congrats! You've been a huge inspiration to me as I've been on my weight loss journey too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome job man, you're looking GREAT by the way! Very, very inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing pictures of those motorcycles. Nothing says I lost weight than a pic of a motorcycle.
    Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for the continued support and great comments, I appreciate every last one of them.

    Thank you

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete