Friday, May 7, 2010

Mister 97%

Weighing in this morning I realized that sometimes no matter what I do that the weight will do what its going to do and worrying about it is a waste of my time as long as I know that I am doing what I need to. I am down 225 pounds from day one and most of that time the weight fell in a downward direction, there were ups here and there but as long as I did what I needed to and stuck to my guns it has come off, this week I do not have a new low weight, in fact I am 2 pounds higher than my lowest weight coming in at 311.2 pounds. Am I gonna sweat a 2 pound up from my lowest point? not even for a second, especially knowing that it was a 6 pound up in the beginning of the week, my weight has been all over the place the last few weeks and part of that I understand and this week will be different and I predict a new low come next Friday.

I have bumped up the work in the gym a bit, I am not spending any more time at the gym but I did up the intensity level of everything that I do, on the bike I have brought my average rpm's up, the treadmill the mph and incline have increased and the arc trainer's strides per minute are higher now. Eating 1900 calories in place of 1700 has got me nervous but I have to at least give it a chance before I go back to the lower number because I should be able to drop the pounds with a 1900 calorie budget.


This afternoon I will get a ride into my day on my bike because I picked up a kids bike trailer off of craigslist to see if my daughter will let me pull her to school in it and I have to give it a test ride. My daughter weighs 45 pounds and then whatever the trailer weighs, that paired with the hills that I live on I am not sure that I will actually be able to pull her all the way to school but its a way to sneak free exercise into my days so I gotta try it out.

Wify gets frustrated at me from time to time, and that means on a daily basis because she says that I don't finish things, and that's not what you might think. I have a habit of leaving the last bite of something in the box like cereal, I will not finish a box, I always leave a bit in the bottom and then it sits there until she tosses it or one of the kids wants a handful of cereal. I leave the silverware in the strainer after putting all of the rest of the dishes away and I leave tiny bits of jelly and peanut butter in the jars, I do this with lots of things and she was frustrated one evening and we were talking about this phenomenon and I said "you should be happy with the 97% that I do, a lot of husbands don't even do that" ok that was a bad idea but I said it. Since then we have joked about this 97% thing that I do and I was thinking about my weight loss and it dawned on me that I am almost there and this last few pounds that I need to lose may just be that last bit of jelly in the jar or the silverware sitting in the strainer but on a different level.

I have a ways to go before I am at my goal weight but getting there is my priority one right now and nothing will stop me from running through that finish line with the tape across my chest. Eat well, Drink much and move often is the plan, I am 225 pounds into this and I have this thing that I do where I am mister 97% but this time I am not stopping at 97, I'm going all the way because I have to.

I think that I just became mister 100%...

As Ever
Me

14 comments:

  1. Love the little trailer thing on the bike for your kids. Great example you are setting for them having them be part of your active lifestyle.

    Interesting realization you made about the 97% thing and your journey. Hope you become the 100% man on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start with babysteps - put the freakin' silverware away!!

    Ha ha. Just kidding. Once you get over to the 98%, I think you'll be liberated and nothing will stop you! Not even the last sip of milk.

    Love you babe! Keep up the great work.

    Wify

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter will remember, for the rest of her life, being pulled to school in style by her dad. I'm not kidding. It's the sort of thing that really stays with a person.

    Great insight about the 97%!!! I think a lot of us (me) get cautious when the goal is in sight. Not afraid, necessarily. Just a tiny bit wary. You're doing so great. Go Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering that I did and still do finish 100% of what is on my plate, I think being 97% is A-O-K...oh and whats left in the cereal box isn't worth eating anyway, though can sometimes be a great yogurt mix in.

    I think your Mr. 110% given what you are putting into your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll do it, Tony. I have no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great out of the box thinking to get more exercise in and Anonymous is right.. those memories will last a life time for her. You will do this Tony. I have no doubt. Take care of You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be a man thing - my Mr. does the same. In fact, just this morning I consolidated 2 open boxes of All Bran crackers. I guess the one didn't have enough for him to bother so he went for an all new box! I'm have no doubt at all that THIS journey is the one you finish 100% even if you can't put away the silverware!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been reading your posts for awhile. Watching your calorie intake and the recent bump and all...have you ever considered calorie cycling (low calorie, high calorie days)? I lost my weight (100+ pounds) doing that without a plateau. I had a 400 calorie range -- stayed within 100 calories of the low end for two days, then went to the top of the range for one day, then back down. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been following you for a few months, and I have been up and down on the scale even though I am doing everything right too. Must be the weather. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tony,

    I sent you an email..please check it out.

    By the way, you are doing great and a definite inspiration to me...you give me hope.

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you haven't already tried pulling the kid to school and your still worried maybe you can put some weights in the back for a trial run?

    Now that I think of it, you can add weights just to kick up the intensity a bit on solo rides.

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  12. We used to have one of those carts for the dog. You will be amazed at how easy it is to ride with one attached. Most of the time you will not even notice much difference at all! Just watch out for steep hills; keep more of your weight over the front tire or it may lift off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont finish things either Tony. Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, you have done amazing things with your life (and your body!)

    I'm sending you great vibes for continued success!!!

    ReplyDelete