Thursday, May 6, 2010

Give me your patience. I will give you this world.

Heading into that place again, you know the one where being in my way will only get you one thing and its none too pleasant for the recipient because I have somehow become focused again. When I began down this road weighing more than 500 pounds I was very limited as to what I could do physically and was forced by my size to go at a pace dictated by the very thing that I was trying to get rid of. Now that my body has caught up with my mind I think that its time for the gray matter to dictate what happens, I have always done what I could with my workouts but rarely pushed myself further than a certain comfort zone for no real reason, but its time. I have as of late been creeping along at a slower than I would like it to be pace and am noticing that because I have some heavier than normal stress in my life lately I am slowing that pace further and I just can't let that be the case. I have come 225 pounds into a 267 pound journey and seeing it through to the end has got to be priority one for me because going in reverse cannot be an option.

There comes a time
In all our lives
You must sacrifice
Put you in the ground.
No falling.

No entry.

No forgiving.
Come on now, this is the...
Come on, I'm your enemy
Try to, try and step to me

What you gonna do

You can't pull me down....
~VOD~

There is something to be said for a motivated person and their chances of success versus that of someone that has not crossed that threshold into a frame of mind that allows them to understand what exactly is at stake. Letting the mental control the physical is the key and the curse all at once, if we let the mental tell us that we cannot complete a task then it will be the downfall of each of us, but if we force the mental to do what we need it to then it is what will drive us into success. Knowing that the mental part of everything that we do trumps anything physical is what will make tragic situations turn the other way and force a win in our favor and getting back to that is what I am forcing myself to do because I have eased back a tad bit too far as of late and I won't stand for it.

There was once a 534 pound guy that did not know what he could do in order to keep living in this world, he believed that a surgery was the only way that a smaller version of himself would exist and that was proven to be incorrect information. There is a 310 pound fella roaming around now unlimited, active, doing what he wants to do yet a task is left unfinished at this point, comfortable would be a good way to put it and I think that its time for him to feel some discomfort in the interest of forcing some results. It's time to punish myself physically and once and for all finish this damn thing correct like, I sat on the sidelines for far too long wishing that I could do something about the situation that I found myself in and now that I am able without risk of literally hand grenading my knees or heart its on.....

As Ever
Me

6 comments:

  1. I hope some of your motivation rubs off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just coming off the sidelines myself. I know exactly what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Tony Go!! Everyday is like a new episode in your journey! Thanks for sharing! You kick ass, big fat ass!!!!! Now go out and show em' who's boss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This process is a big effort and takes tremendous mental and physical energy...its great to know that you've gotten your batteries recharged...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Destroy everything that stands in your way without mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the Cobra Kai Dojo, this is their dialogue:

    Kreese: Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?
    Karate Class: NO, SENSEI!
    Kreese: Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?
    Karate Class: NO, SENSEI!
    Kreese: Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?
    Karate Class: NO, SENSEI!

    Sweep the leg, Tony.

    ReplyDelete