Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If I can do it then YOU can too!

It seems that lately I am posting later than normal because of the fact that I am taking advantage of the absolutely perfect New England weather but I am sure that's ok with you since this is a weight loss blog. This morning I headed to the gym early because I knew that I wanted to get a bike ride into my afternoon, I like to split the gym and bike rides a bit so that my metabolism keeps guessing whats next. My day at the gym was relatively easy, I did 20 minutes on a stationary bike and 20 on the treadmill nice and easy like, when I hit publish on this post I will do 100 push ups and no not all in a row. The video that I posted yesterday got me thinking about maybe posting more now that my video cherry is popped and I thought that some of you may be interested in seeing more from the bike going off of some of the emails that were sent in reference to that vid and I made something to make videoing on the bike a little easier.

No more wonky speedometer, that's the distance from my camera test run ride which was a fun ride! But then they all have been lately!

I took the video from yesterday on a whim, I literally whipped the camera out of my pocket and said what the hell and did it, I then debated with myself on whether I would actually post it or not. Riding one handed down a trail at about 10 mph on a mountain bike whilst taking video of ones self probably isn't a great idea in the grand scheme so I made a handlebar mount out of an old reflector and a couple nuts and bolts that I ran out and grabbed last night at the local hardware store. Five minutes after getting the supplies home it was mounted and seems really stiff for what it is, the test video has LOADS of vibration so I think a couple more neoprene washers may be in order to get that down a bit but the test video came out ok so a bit of tweaking and I believe it will work nicely.

This is what I started with.

This is what I ended up with, that wing nut on top is just there to hold the washers on while there is no camera mounted.

I am happy right now with how everything is going for me and my health and I think that starting to ride the trails more often than the streets is a heavy contributor to that state of mind. My intake has been pretty much perfect lately too besides yesterday when I decided to make some red meat for dinner in the way of a probably cloned beef chuck that was slow cooked all day with white potatoes, baby carrots and an onion, the short of it is that I ate more of the beef than I probably should have. Hydration is never an issue with me unless I get stuck out at a fair or something all day and forget to bring enough for myself, I mean you know it gets tiring carrying around a gallon of H2O or tea AND a 46 pound 5 year old! but yeah I am usually always hydrated more than enough.

I was once a 534 pound guy that could not even get out in the yard to run around with the kids or go for a walk with his wife through a park and remembering how those things felt will keep me doing what I need to do for my health. Today I probably did more for my health than I did in the entire year of 2007 and that is quite sad but as long as I keep doing what I am doing I can say with 100% certainty that I am giving my kids a healthy role model so that they may not have to endure some of the things that go along with being (and again really I hate this fuckin' word) obese. Me my bike and my Salter scale shall walk hand in hand making sure that I stick to the path that will ultimately lead me to my health goals and beyond, it will be so because I say that it will. I wanted to also mention that I have been active on My facebook page and have gotten a good amount of interest there lately so if you have a facebook account please don;t hesitate to add me or send me a message there, you know, if you were spo inclined to do so.

I might get more bugs in my teeth now than when I was 500 plus pounds but it just means that I am smiling the whole time that I cruise through the trails on my bike, something that was merely a dream in the old days of me, that's all I got for today.

As Ever
Me

0 comments: