Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 987 and a menu.

Monday went well for me on the better living front, My calories were on par, I drank more than enough and I made it to the gym bright and early. My plan for Tuesday is to copy Mondays level of success but there is a possibility that there will be no gym trip for me today as the little girl of the house is home from school sick today, which was a borderline decision as she seems perfectly fine as I type this. I've already done a stretching routine and 100 push ups (on the stairs) this morning and am planning on a bike ride with daughter in tow later this afternoon so that I don't miss out on my cardio so the exercise portion of today's lesson has been taken care of. I do after all owe my bike a ride after what I saw this morning because what I saw is reserved for unused fitness equipment not my baby! She is NOT a closet!


True enough I do keep the bike in the bedroom but man! she don't deserve that kind of treatment! anyways, we will be out for a ride later today at some point and I will make it up to her. The fluids in have been right where they need to be, we got a gallon of green tea down the chute along with a little more than a gallon of straight H2O so I am very much hydrated. My calories for Monday came in at 1745 so pretty much where I wanted them to end up and I have been doing well with keeping within range, have a look at the menu taken from my excel sheet.

Breakfast

8:00 AM
60g corn pops cereal 220
1 cup 1% milk 110

Lunch
12:45 PM
2 multigrain deli slims 200 1 T Kraft Olive oil Mayo 50
4oz deli turkey breast 120

3:15 PM
2 whole grain light english muffins 200
1oz turkey pepperoni 70
2 wedges laughing cow cheese 70
sliced tomato 15

Dinner

6:15 PM
6oz grilled chicken breast 300
3/4 cup curry rice 150
1 cup garlic/pepper green beans 40

8:00 PM
1 banana 105
1 T peanut butter 95

My garden is still giving me veggies but that will be short lived as the days are getting cooler and cooler but I still have a gang of eggplant out there that I need to pick soon. I just made eggplant parm on Sunday so I am kind of eggplanted out, not to mention the fact that there is still some of it in the fridge! perhaps I will make an eggplant based stuffing to have with dinner tonight. Next years garden will definitely have eggplant in it again as I got a lot off of my 6 plants and they did quite well in the area that I put them. I still have an abundance of tomatoes out there as well and have not bought a tomato since they started bearing fruit months ago! but it will soon be time to tear up the plants and clean out the beds as it gets colder and colder with each passing day.

I still have about 8 eggplants out there!

There is so much that I am able to do since losing the weight off of my bones that just wasn't a possibility before and I truly do appreciate the little things a lot more these days than I ever have. Just the fact that I can go out and dig some holes in a garden bed that I made pleases me more than anyone can possibly understand because there was a time in my life when I tried to make excuses for not liking things like that and it was merely because I couldn't do them. I enjoy riding my bike more than a 10 year old does, sitting out in the yard digging holes in the ground and planting vegetables is something that I consider fun now, just going for a walk and enjoying the fact that I can go as far as I want to and not be forced to stop because of pain is not taken for granted with me.

My life is just that now, Mine and I plan to keep it that way for a good long while with moderate eating and lots of exercise because the alternative just isn't as fun. Its time for me to kick it up a notch and get these last pounds off and finish what I started back in January 2008 and get down to my goal weight of 275 pounds which will ultimately just be another stop because I want to be lighter than that. We are just about half way through the month of September I am up in weight from my lowest point of 305 pounds and on the 30th I will post my weight no matter what it is and will start the Friday weigh in posts again from then on once again.

Any way that its cut I am a different person now than I was when I started and you will not find a more driven man anywhere.

That's all I got for today.

As Ever
Me

1 comment:

  1. I really like broiled eggplant, and it goes well with "asian" spices like ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil. Google it!

    I especially love eggplant because it is high volume, low calorie and excellent texture. Broiling it doesn't require much oil, and switching up the flavorings from Italian may help you out.

    ReplyDelete