Friday, July 17, 2009

A review of sorts, Seasons 52 is a must go to place for the calorie counter.

I am late! this morning has been a bit busy and I had a new window installed in my bathroom so I have not had the time to get on here and post up but here I am. I am down in weight from my initial "after vacation weigh in" so I am feeling good about that but I am still substantially heavier than my lowest weight to date so that I am not too happy about but it is what it is and ain't nothing I can do but get back into the groove so that's the plan.

I want to talk about my bike for a paragraph or so, I am thoroughly addicted to riding it, my children got sick on the way home from Disney and thus as is the way things go I got it too, I picked it up yesterday but did that stop me from going out for a ride? nope! in the past during this whole weight loss extravaganza when I was sick I would stop the exercise immediately because I felt yuck, but with this bike? yuck just doesn't seem to matter, I just keep on riding the bike. Upon returning home from FL I took a ride, yesterday after dinner I took a ride, and today I feel worse than I did yesterday yet when wify gets home from work the plan is, you guessed it to take a ride! I cannot believe that I was worried about what someone might have thought about a rotund fellow riding down the street on a slender bike because I just don't care any more, it appears that Freddy had it right once again.

Bicycle races are coming your way
So forget all your duties oh yeah

Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today

So look out for those beauties oh ye
ah
On your marks get set go

Bicycle race bicycle race bicycle race


I mentioned that a restaurant was recommended to me by another blogger, before I left for Florida I emailed the other Tony that has lost more than 200 pounds because I had remembered that he lived down there. I asked him if he knew of some beaches that may rent bikes and had a boardwalk as well as if he knew any place to get a good not so bad for you meal out there and he gave me the name of a place called Seasons 52 so I made a note of it and decided that I would check it out.


When we pulled up I noticed that the restaurant overlooked a lake and had outside seating which looked like a good idea if it had not been so hot the day that we went so off to a good start, we walked in and were seated (inside) by one of the most courteous greeters that I have ever met. We sat down and shortly thereafter greeted by Marcie, our waitress who was honestly an amazing server that was polite and prompt about every aspect of our meal. Marcie talked with us about the concept of the restaurant with a seasonally inspired menu with none of the dishes having more than 475 calories and went on to recommend a few items to us after taking our drink order. We started off with an appetizer and chose to get the caramelized crab and shrimp stuffed mushrooms with roasted garlic and Parmesan cheese, very tasty and was quick to come to the table so I was happy with that. One thing I will mention is that there is not much of a kids menu but Marcie recommended some of the things on the menu that could easily be adapted into a kids meal and my son chose to have a grilled turkey burger with portobello mushrooms and mozzarella cheese and my daughter had a flat bread pizza which was honestly pretty good, you know that I had to take a taste.

On the menu was Copper river salmon which came with corn risotto & corn sauce, grilled asparagus & red peppers and a sour cream dill sauce, Marcie mentioned to us that this is only on the menu for 3 weeks out of the year (there goes that seasonal concept) and since I am a huge fan of salmon I just had to order that dish, Wify ordered a flat bread pork taco which had marinated pork, pablano peppers, goat cheese, jalapeno, pico de gallo and a chipotle sour cream on it and had a mixed green salad with toasted sunflower seeds and white balsamic vinaigrette on the side, and both dishes were full of flavor and cooked perfectly, the salmon was flaky and very good, the corn risotto complimented the flavor of the fish nicely and who doesn't love grilled asparagus with red peppers? so I was very pleased with my meal. Wifys flat bread taco was about a foot and a half long and she loved it, you know that I had to taste that as well and I have to agree that it was full of flavor and decently spicy but then with all of those peppers on it it should be! The main entrees were if I had to pick a word amazing!

Taking pictures of dessert, on my vacation, for my blog? that's dedication!

Onto dessert, you knew there had to be a dessert right? Seasons 52 has what they call mini indulgences, and what they are is individual servings of classic desserts, basically its a double shot glass made into a tasty treat that's just big enough so that you get the point but small enough that loosening of your belt will not be necessary. The mini desserts range from Key lime pie to Summer blueberry cheese cake right on down to Market fresh fruit, I opted for Pecan pie with vanilla mousse while wify chose the Key lime pie and the kids of course picked the most chocolaty of what was there, I do not recall exactly what they each got. The desserts were very yummy and like I mentioned were just big enough so that you felt that you were bad, Wify had coffee with hers and over all I am very happy that We decided to ride on over. Amazing service, and I mean that, it usually takes a lot for me to be impressed with service at a restaurant but our waitress was great (she deserves a raise seriously) and the food was just about as perfect as a meal could be so props to the cook as well. I do hope that Seasons 52 expands into my area, I know that they would make a lot of the green stuff off of me because over all it was a 100% positive experience that my family and I had, here is the address of the Seasons 52 that we went to.

Seasons 52
At the Plaza Venezia
7700 Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819


The week that I have been home has gone well with my keeping to my calorie range and I have ridden my bike every day this week so I am getting in some exercise and hopefully I can get within a few pounds of my low weight come Friday. I am staying hydrated (something that I did not do in Florida) and in fact I am trying to over hydrate because of my vacation, I have not had a chance to go through all of Emails that I got within the past few weeks but I will get to them so if you asked me something and I have yet to respond know that I am reading them. That's all I got for today so keep on keepin on and all that and don't forget to drink that H2O!

As Ever
Me

4 comments:

  1. chef tony coming through with a restaurant review??? good man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, very nice. I love the concept of that place!

    I haven't bought a bike yet, but I will!

    My best
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had known about the place. Hubby and I got to go out one night. We ended up at the House of Blues which was nice enough but the place you guys went to sounded really great. Glad you had a good vacation. I look forward to more vacation posts.

    We got sick when we got home too, think it's just the change of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. **sigh**

    I SOOO NEED TO GET OUT MORE.

    until then I shall happily live vicariously...

    ReplyDelete