Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Thatsfit featured little old me in an article? Very cool!

Later than usual today but its been a long hectic day for me! Alarm goes off at 3:30 AM and I jack in the box out of bed to drive my mom to the airport I had the idea that I would hit the gym on the way in since I drive right by it. Walking into the gym at ten minutes to five in the morning was a little different because other than the Arc trainer army the gym was relatively empty so onto my bike I went and 30 minutes later was on a treadmill. Home I came to greet my wonderful wify getting ready for her day and I prepared an awesome scramble for breakfast that only cost me 390 calories and had peppers, onions, potato and egg whites. Somehow I am feeling driven lately like it was in the beginning, to the point where I am excited about this whole better health thang all over again.


I suppose that being featured in an article on a site as big as AOL can get me feeling awesome again and the Thatsfit article was indeed posted up today! see it at "Moderation helped Tony lose 229 pounds". To think that I would be associated with anything that was health related was eons away from reality just two and a half years ago and now something called "Thatsfit" has my image and some info on me on their site. A once 534 pound guy changed his life for the better and I honestly see myself going into a health related field at some point as a job because I really do feel passionate about staying on this road that I am paving for myself and my health.

My calories have been more than perfect lately and I am getting in loads of foliage and green tea, I am drinking about 2 gallons of fluids per day between the H2O and green tea and am loving the gym again since the kids are back to school. For far too long I sat in the back row watching everything happen around me and now that I have slid up more than a few rows life is going to be on my terms from here on out because its the little things that we miss that are most important. Being able to run around the yard with my daughter kicking a soccer ball instead of sitting on the porch watching is one of the best rewards that have come from this whole weight loss thing and I would not give it up for anything in the world. Once upon a time I was literally leashed to my couch and now that the tether is gone I dare you to try and get it back on me but don't be too upset when you go home with rope in hand and a hollow feeling of failure because I tell you I am not going back to that.

I want to thank Martha Edwards for the article and hopefully there is someone out there who can take something from it that will help them start down their own path to better health. Onward and upward we go and I see good things in my future and all it took was to make a decision not to sit in the darkest corner of the theater watching as the show happened around me.

That's all I got for today and this episode of as the fat guy turns has come to an end, tune in tomorrow for more.

As Ever
Me

0 comments: