Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 913 and a weigh in.

Getting right to things, this morning I was 320.4 pounds which is up from last Friday but I am all kinds of sore so I am not too worried that its up 2 pounds from last week. My guess is that I will be down come next Friday because there is no party planned mid week to muss the groove up this time around but as always its to be seen when it comes. My intake yesterday came in a tad over with a total of 1835 and I drank more than 2 gallons of fluid throughout the day. Exercise lacked partially because of the soreness but last night before bed I did some yoga stretches followed by 50 crunches and 50 side crunches on either side more just to stretch things out than anything else. Here is a look at my menu from Thursday which is nothing special but it got the job done.

Breakfast
7:15 AM
coffee creamer 75

8:00 AM
2 cups banana nut cereal 220
1 cup 1% milk 110

Lunch
12:45 PM
1 can tuna 120
2 sandwich thins 200
1 T miracle whip 40

3:00 PM
2 slices whole wheat bread 140
1 T peanut butter 95
1 T strawberry preserves 35

Dinner
6:30 PM
7oz grilled chicken breast 350
3/4 cup rice/beans 225
Grilled Zucchini 55

8:00 PM
2 oranges 170

I am planning on a bike ride this afternoon to get the blood flowing a bit and this weekend I am going to try and get to the gym for some weight lifting. I am noticing that since the weather got nice that I would prefer to ride my bike or do work in the yard rather than go to the gym but there is something about the atmosphere at the gym that gets me in the mood to workout so I will have to find a nice blend of the two. I am starting to feel like I am back into a groove a bit with the eating and drinking, now its time to get my exercise back to what it was before the kids were home from school all day because I am finding it harder and harder to find time for myself to get out to the gym and bike rides are dependent on things that are sometimes not in my control.

With all of that said, I am heading outside to wash, wax and detail Wifys car and then I am going to pop the kiddo into the trailer and take a ride to the playground so that will mark the end of today's installment of as the fat guy turns.

How do we make time for ourselves and our workouts when there is no time to do it? that's my question for the day.

As Ever
Me

5 comments:

  1. Best answer, as you already know.. Without our health, our family will suffer, and that is not good. We make the time for them...Thanks again for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with the good weather conspiring to keep me outside and it's only with reluctance that I spend time pursuing indoor activities like weight lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE to plan my workouts, writing them in my dayplanner like the huge dork that I am, ha! If I don't, they always slide down the "to-do" list until they slide off. I have even become (somewhat and under protest) a morning person because if I don't get up early and do it, I am too tired and busy in the evening. Best wishes, you are doing great! Deb (I post anon 'cause I don't have any of the other id's they want, not to be creepy or mean)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I came across your blog randomly and was super impressed with your structure and discipline, and the subsequent weight loss. Just wanted to leave a message of congrats and support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Talk to your wife! I'm sure she wants you to have the time to work out!

    ReplyDelete