Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 794 weigh in day and WOW!

I'm just going to get right to it today because I am more than happy with what the scale told me this morning. Last week I was 319.0lbs on the nose and this week I am down to 314.6lbs! that's a 4.4 pound drop this week folks! and it would appear that I am on a roll with more than 8 pounds lost in the last two weeks and of course a new low weight this week. I am down a total of 219 pounds now or 41.01% total body weight to date and both of those numbers are incredible to me as I can still remember day 1 like it was yesterday and how I felt like this was going to be the next attempt that didn't quite go the distance. I am a mere 40 pounds away from my initial goal of hitting 275 pounds and slightly less than 15 pounds from getting below that 300 pound mark and both of those figures don't seem so far away to me and I am pretty confident that I will get there sooner than later but more on that later, here are some images to show what I have lost and what weighs the same as me currently as well as a shot of the scale this morning.

My beautiful dogs standing on the scale this morning I still can't believe the drop this week!


This 1989 GSXR 250R weighs in at 315 pounds just like me.

MMA fighter Muhammed Lawal comes in at 219 pounds and is what I have lost to date.

I did get out to the gym yesterday if only for a short not very intense workout, it was more than I had done all week so it felt good. I rode the stationary bike for 20 minutes 90rpm on level 11 and then I walked for 10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.2mph on an incline of 3.5% and called it a day because I didn't want to push it and end up coughing as I am feeling better but not 100% just yet. The walk on the treadmill was so short partially because I was picking wify up from work so that we could get home early and take a walk so I did get that in as well. The walk was rather relaxed at the speed of a 4 year old pumping up hills on a training wheeled Dora the explorer bike but I jogged around my daughter as she rode and walked most of the just over a mile backwards, it was nice to get out with the kid and I can't wait for it to warm up some so that bike rides can come back into play.

I need to lose 3.75 pounds per week until April 2nd in order to hit that under 300 pounds goal by then, I have dropped 4 pounds two weeks in a row so I am not expecting another awesome week next week but stranger things have happened. A trip to the gym is in the plans for today but I will see how I feel later before I decide for sure, I do believe that if I keep my calories in check and get a couple workouts in this week and don't over do it before I am fully back to my normal self that I can have another good week and perhaps I will dip into single digits as in 309 pounds come next Friday. There I go again, mister ambitious and I know that would be a HUGE number for this week but pair the fact that I have missed the gym all week with the fact that I will feel much better in a couple days time (hopefully) and I have a feeling that I will be in full on bust ass mode all week.

Being within 15 pounds of getting under 300 pounds has put me in a more than great mood today and I am looking forward to next week already and I haven't even made it through today! Remember to get that H2O in and eat well because we are responsible for what we do or do not eat, we are the only one holding the controls when our daily decisions come into play and at the end of the day that person looking back at us in the mirror is the reason that we fail or succeed.

Thats all I got.

As Ever
Me

17 comments:

  1. Congrats! Seems like even though you couldn't work out as much as you'd have liked, you figured out what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the loss :) even if you don't make the goal as soon as you like, you will make it and that after all is what matters.. you will get there of that I have no doubt..

    have a wonderful weekend.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, that is awesome! Good luck this week getting back to your regimen. Hope you're feeling 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really awesome man! Congrats on that weight loss and all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! That is quite a loss the last two weeks! I hope to show a nice loss tomorrow too after a week of healthy eating with no slip ups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the terrific lose. You are really doing great. Can't wait to see next weeks weigh-in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tony, where did you get that scale (what store? what brand?)? And how much weight will it hold?

    Th

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all of the support guys ;) I appreciate all of it!

    Clyde, I bought that scale 2 years ago, I want to say that I paid $61 for it off of an Ebay store. BUt it is a My weigh 550 XL, it goes to 550 pounds and works great, it gives weight in lbs or kg's and will even say the weight if you want it to (I have that option turned off) Casual Male XL sells them in one of their catalogs but the price is WAY inflated and its the same scale I would say just google my weigh 550 xl and see what ya come up with, the scale has worked awesome for me from day one and its limit was high enough for me even at my highest so now that I am just about 300 lbs I am sure it will last a good long while ;)

    As Ever
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! I feel your pain on having difficulty getting back to routine after being sick. I don't want to end up coughing all over everyone at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super awesome! I love how you come up with pics to show comparisons to the amount of weight you have lost.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,that's amazing weight loss - congratulations. I love the comparison to the MMA fighter - really puts it in perspective. I'm going to try this the next time I do a weigh in to remind myself how far I've come.

    ReplyDelete