Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to normal...ish..um..maybe not but I feel like I am!

I am back on track and counting again since my surgery, and this morning I woke up feeling great considering that yesterday was my first day without taking anything for pain and one of my four lovely incision spots still feels a little dodgy this morning but otherwise feeling like awesomeness in a bag. My intake for Monday was 1835 calories which is slightly higher than my normal 1700 but I did decide to up the calories a bit right before my surgery because of all of the extra exercise that I have been doing at the gym so I figure I will get back into it now and when I hit the gym again I will be in the swing of the new calorie scale.


I did go out for a short 15 minute walk yesterday and felt fine as far as any pain is concerned so hopefully that means that I can get back in the gym sooner than later. I won't push it because the gym will always be there and something that I have learned in the past almost 2 years of living healthier is that quick fixes usually never work, so hitting the gym before I am ready or should I say my body is ready will end up being a counterproductive endeavor if something were to happen and I injure myself. Being mentally ready to concur the world and physically limited by some tenderness because of a missing organ is slightly frustrating and again I am reminded how I was just about 2 years ago when sitting stationary was welcome and the norm, I am amazed still that I was in that situation not so long ago and here I am only a week so far where I am limited and going stir crazy because I am limited in the very same way.

I miss my stationary bike, I miss my arc-trainer, I want to take a ride around the lake on my mountain bike, in time this will be back in my days but for now I feel like Margot stuck in a closet while the other children play out in the sun, but sometimes Nature can be fickle and well...yeah I am missing an organ so. This feeling of wanting to go do something over sit on my arse though is a bit bleh because I can't do anything about it is sort of refreshing all at the same time because once upon a time I would have been more than happy to tout that I was not moving off of my robust posterior because I had just been in the Hospital dammit! I need my rest! it would have been the uber excuse that I needed to justify why I was stationary for the next few weeks. Quite the opposite is whats happening, Sunday I did some light yard work which was mostly slow raking and some sweeping but even though I was still somewhat in pain I just had to move around and felt better afterward.

Over all this week is off to a good start and hopefully in a few days I will start going back to the gym daily and get right back into my groove. I was on a roll with the pounds coming off and then post surgery I am WAY up in weight, its nothing that I am worried about between the eating not so great the couple days right after and not being able to drink as much as I would have liked to and the fact that I am sure I am retaining fluids because of the physical trauma to my body that the surgery caused, I am positive that it will right itself once I recover fully and get back to my routine.

That's all I have for you today, Thank you all for following along with my trials, successes and bumps while I get myself into top physical shape, Here's to better health and don't forget that H2O because as you all know I do believe it a very critical part of losing weight and staying healthy.

That is all..

You may now return to your work, play or coffee.

As Ever
Me

2 comments:

  1. Definately right on the H20! I try to get between 8 and 12 cups a day. It usuallys ends up being a little more. It will be more now that I am only drinking water and then of course my apple juice or orange juice in the morning. Other than that all I drink is water :) on day 93 no fast food day 80 no caffiene and day 19 no pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in mind that often saline is used during surgery to keep your fluids up - saline being very high in sodium, adds to water weight. Keep drinking that green tea, and those salts will be flushed out asap!

    ReplyDelete