Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thank you, and randomness for your morning coffee.

This week has been less than productive where weight loss and better health is concerned, going off of that statement You can probably conclude that I am still feeling blah. This whatever it is has moved from my throat to my chest and over all I am feeling better but I still don't think a run would help move things in a positive direction so I have decided to wait this out and I will run on Friday as long as I am still progressively feeling better each day. As long as everything goes my way and I do actually start getting better by Friday and I run, I will do W2D4, and then start fresh on Monday with W3D1. To say that I am getting anxious to start back up is the understatement of the year, I can hardly believe that I am the same guy that was damning people for walking and smiling at the same time just over a year and a half ago and here I am wishing that this gift from my wife and or daughter would go away so that I can go run again.

Besides the non exercising I am sticking to what I need to do with this weight loss thang, My total calories for yesterday was 1590 and I drank 1 gallon of green tea along with about 3 quarts of straight H2O. I don't feel like drinking that much but I know that its what has been working so I am making myself drink the extra H2O so that the only thing missing will be the cardio exercise. I am getting some small things around the house done because I am just sitting around and I get bored easily so I have been doing small tasks here and there to take up some time, touching up the paint in some of the newly painted rooms, hanging new switch plates, weeding the flower beds a bit and things like that so to look at this in a positive light I am getting random odd things taken care of because of it.

I have not been on the scale since Friday's weigh in and I am unsure what will be reflected back at me come this Friday when I weigh in for the blog again, will there be a loss? will there be a gain? maybe just stay the same? to be seen I guess in a couple days. I do know that my life has changed for the better since dropping most of the weight that I needed to drop and I am looking forward to hitting another 59 pounds lost so that I can hit my original goal of weighing 275 pounds, which brings me to my next point.

I originally wanted to weigh 275 pounds and that was just a number that I picked out of the air, a number that I thought I would look ok at and since then I have come to a few conclusions and have had a few thoughts. I have read and been told by a number of people that when I am at a healthy weight that I can expect to have anywhere from 20 to 30 pounds of extra skin on me and if I were to get a skin surgery I would be that much less, so at 275 I am actually 255 of muscle, bone, fat and skin plus that extra stuff. Now my father the last time he was on a scale weighed 265 pounds, he stands between 6'1'' and 6'2'' and has a large build, you would NEVER guess him at 265 pounds if you saw him but anyways, I told him that I would weigh less than he does by Christmas, which means that I need to get below that 265 pound mark by then so in reality my goal is to weigh 265 pounds for all intents and purposes. To reach that goal of weighing less than my father by Christmas I need to lose an average of 2.46 pounds per week until then, this is a very achievable number I think but I will have to stay focused to get it. To hit my original goal of weighing 275 pounds I will have to lose an average of 2.10 pounds per week until Christmas and I am going to try my hardest to get there, That whole last paragraph was sort of random but hey! I am in a random mood this morning as I type.

I also wanted to post a thank you to all of the comments and emails that I received due to the 200 pounds lost post last Friday, it really put into perspective just how many people I have effected by losing this 200 pounds of burden. 37 comments on my blogspot post, more than 250 and counting on the post over at sparkpeople so I thank you all as sincerely as I can through a post on a blog floating around cyberspace.

As Ever
Me

3 comments:

  1. All I kept thinking while reading your blog was how the heck you're writing so well when you still feel lousy. Besides weight loss, it sounds to me like you could do just about anything you set your mind too. So, reaching your goal at Christmas is already a done deal. Congratulations. Take care and feel better. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked 230 out of the air...I'm 6'3...I have no idea what I was thinking!!! I'm getting there regardless, but like you, I really didn't know what to pick because I've never been there before as an adult.
    The skin surgery will be a must for me. I have no idea what it cost or how I will pay for it, but dog gone it, I'm getting it!

    Your success inspires me. I'm right behind you my friend! I look forward to celebrating 200 pounds lost maybe by September, hopefully sooner, but it doesn't matter...it will happen.

    Thank you for taking the time to write despite how you feel. I know your efforts are appreciated.

    Take care and God Bless,

    Sean Anderson
    The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser
    www.losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story. I have found your blog to be truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete