Thursday, March 26, 2009

An evening walk and some pictures on the eve of a weigh in.

Yesterday was suppose to be my day off from exercising, I try to have at least one day each week where I do not do anything just for a recovery kind of day but I couldn't stand it and went for a 2 mile walk after dinner @ just over 3.2mph. This was after I did the squat routine that I have been doing all week and now today is Thursday so that means I weigh in tomorrow so I have to workout today, maybe tomorrow will be an off day! I don't expect a huge loss this week but a loss should be there with all of the movement that I have put into the week, remember I did have one bad day last Sunday and I think that its going to hinder the amount of the weigh in tomorrow.

No matter what the scale says in the morning I am stronger than I was last week, I can remember over the summer being at my mother in laws house (she lives on the same lake that I do) and we took the same walk that I took last night and though I made the walk my feet and legs were feeling it bad. I now walk that same 2 miles and it feels like almost nothing, I think its a combination of being lighter and just getting more fit, either way its the right direction and that's what we are going for.

This is a bit grainy but you get the point! the scenery is great where I walk.

I took my walk last night at dusk and snapped a picture of the lake down one of the boat launches so you can see that I have a beautiful place to get in my walks and soon to be runs, maybe that's why I just had to get out last night. I do in some ways miss my walks in a city environment but I think I will appreciate my little country road when I start running (at least at first) until I get over the awkward feeling of beginning running.

My intake for yesterday came in at 1760 calories so a bit above but not so bad either, Have a look at the menu.

03/25/09

Breakfast
7:30 AM
2 cups honey combs 220
1 cup 1% milk 110

10:00 AM
1 dannon yogurt 80

11:45 AM
1 banana 105

Lunch
12:15 PM
2 slices whole wheat bread 140
1 T peanut butter 95
1 T jam 50

3:15 PM
green salad 35
1oz light cheddar cheese 80
2 T Newmans own light honey mustard 70

Dinner
6:45 PM
4.5oz deli turkey breast 115
3 slices whole wheat bread 210
1.25 T miracle whip 45
lettuce/tomato 15
2oz mini pretzels 220

9:15 PM
1 apple 90
1 orange 80

Not too bad of a day intake wise and I did get 2 miles in even though it was suppose to be my off day for exercise, I am over all feeling good lately. We are expecting rain this afternoon so all of my exercise today will be on my bike, I will get in an AM ride for sure and then later this evening a second ride will most likely happen.

I will be happy with any loss this week and my guess will be under a 2 pound loss, I just have a feeling that it will not be a huge drop like it was the last two weeks, for that very reason. Any way its cut one pound or nine, I did all that I could this week and I earned whatever that number is going to be tomorrow. Tune in tomorrow to see the exciting conclusion to this weeks adventures of Fat man and Blobbin! Just don't forget to get yourself that big ol glass of H2O!

As Ever
Me

0 comments: