Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snow, Yoga and a stationary bike.

Saturday's intake was slightly higher than my target, coming in at 1730 total calories but it was a pear that brought me over so I can't really feel bad about it. I woke up to about 5 inches of snow, not the almost a foot that the mental man in the plastic magic box predicted but shovelable amounts none the less so as soon as this post is done I will be outside shovel in hand clearing the driveway.

We moved all of our exercise equipment upstairs last night (which is not a whole lot) but its all up there now and we will set up a couple different spots up there. My stationary bike will be facing the back yard so that I can look out the window at our wooded back yard at the birds etc while I ride, I do think that will get old fast so we are setting up a television upstairs as well so that I can watch that when nature doesn't do it for me as well as so that wify can do her yoga DVD's without being disturbed by kids. I have a stair step machine, not one of those big ol steppers either, its literally 2 steps with a piston under each for resistance and I am too heavy for that machine right now so I don't use it but it will be up there none the less. As soon as I get the white off of the driveway I will be upstairs making this room of fitness into a comfy place to sweat.

Anyone that reads this blog is likely on or has been on a trail to fitness or been heavy at one point in their life time and I would like some opinions on what color to paint this room. currently it is a medium/sky blue with white trim and that is the color it was painted when we moved in here, sort of, we painted the trim white as the ENTIRE room was the blue color, even the floor at some point! but the previous owner did paint over the blue on the floor with a dark brown, which will stay there but with an area rug on it at some point but I don't want to buy one until a final color is chosen. Here is a look at the color, now lets get some opinions on what color to paint in there, I WILL pick one of the color choices that someone leaves in a comment so lets hear those opinions! what color motivates you to move? what color sets the mood for a relaxing session of yoga? it needs to be both of those all in one and please don't suggest yellow! we both dislike yellow in a room.

This is a shot of the "yoga room" before we painted the trim white, what say you? how should it be colored?

It is time for me to head out and clear that driveway so that this room can start coming together so I will end the post here. Make sure you all stay hydrated today and keep on keepin on with the hard work and dedication to losing weight and before you know it you will be a svelte, trim healthy man or woman and all of this "dieting" will be just how things are. Grab that big ol glass of H2O and stay on track today, because thats all that can be expected of any of us!

Carry on!

As Ever
Me

7 comments:

  1. Is chartreuse too "yellow" for you? (a bright apple green) I think that would go well with the brown floor. And the bright color would definitely keep me awake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dark floors! I was going to suggest yellow, heh so lets nix that... let's see... my suggestions -

    1. light apple-y green. Soothing, but also vibrant
    2. A bright spicy orange, like an indian or moroccan theme. It is so warm, rich, and intense, but I find it's also very calming at the same time.
    3. A normal ol' creamy beige. Sounds boring, but if you do the walls a cool, neutral color, you can hang some inspiring artwork, drapes, etc. without conflicting styles.

    Good luck! can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I painted my exercise room fresh avocado, it was beige boring & unmotivating prior, now it is bright & motivating. I can see the color in my exercise photos on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes I in in Waterbury, Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I looked it up online and came up with:

    Orange evokes excitement, enthusiasm and is an energetic color. While not a good idea for a living room or for bedrooms this color is great for an exercise room. It will bring all the emotions out that you need when jumping into your fitness routine.In ancient cultures orange was used to heal the lungs and increase energy levels.

    Can't say I would want a room orange but maybe some off shade of it might be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My personal opinion would be a shade of teal. It's soothing but yet also a color that motivates me. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote is for an "avocado-inspired" color, as BVar suggested. That, or perhaps the color of orange sherbert. :) I have a friend who painted a room in her house with two orange-sherbert walls, and the other smaller walls white. I looked so awesome, and I think if I had an extra room, I would do something like that. Bright, airy, and cheerful. :)

    ReplyDelete