Friday, October 22, 2010

Who you tryin' to get crazy with Ese? don't you know I'm....

It has come once again, the time to step onto the scale for the blog again so lets get to that straight away and then we shall talk about my weight lifting from yesterday. Upon stepping on the scale I saw something that was not unexpected yet at the same time was bleh, the display flashed a 330.2 and that was that a .2 gain this week but in all honesty I am not too worried about it as it is in fact down from when I started the 2000 calories per day. No worries and I am pretty confident that next weeks weigh in number will be a good one, I upped my calories this week to 2000 per day and if that is added to the fact that I lifted yesterday I am sure the number is padded this morning if only slightly. My calories for the day were higher than expected by 100 because of a miscalculation and a spontaneous idea from the Wife lady to get a small cone from Dairy queen as a treat after dinner, i for whatever reason remembered that a small cone was 120 calories but when I checked after getting home it turns out that it is actually 230. Grand total for the day was 2100 which isn't too bad but I will be shooting to hit 2000 on the button all weekend, here is a look at yesterdays menu.

Breakfast
7:30 AM
2 cups honey combs 220
1 cup 1% milk 110

10:00 AM
1 banana 105

11:00 AM
1 Dark chocolate & Strawberry Zone bar 180

2:30 PM
5 whites 1 whole 145
4 turkey sausages 140
4oz potato 100
peppers/onions 40
smart balance 25
olive oil 25

3:45 PM
1 T peanut butter 95
1 banana 105

6:00 PM
Turkey subway 580

6:45 PM
small DQ cone 230

My trip to the gym was a good one and I tried out the 5x6 program a bit just to see how it felt and I wanted to see what weight range I would need to use and I feel it today. I did the 5x6 on the seated row machine, preacher curl machine, triceps push downs and leg press machine and found out that I need to add weight to the seated rows and preacher curls and need to lessen the weight on my leg press and triceps push downs. I sort of did an all over workout yesterday hitting my back, biceps, triceps, shoulders and legs and I like to do that kind of workout on Fridays because I have two days off between my next weight training day so adding push and pull exercises feels ok to me. Before I lifted I rode the stationary bike for 25 minutes at a 96 RPM average pace which always gets me warmed up nice, after the lifting I did a brisk walk on the treadmill with a 5.0% incline @ 3.5 MPH for 15 minutes to finish up the day, I was going for 20 but after leg pressing 410 pounds I was feeling it in the ol legs. Over all it was a good solid workout and I got to test out my capabilities with the 5x6 plan that I am implementing and come Monday I will have fine tuned the workout on paper even further and will start working muscle groups together.

Even though the scale showed a .2 gain this week I am feeling good about how things are progressing and with the new lifting plan being tossed into the mix I am expecting some decent losses to come in the next few weeks. There is always the possibility that I will stall here at this weight for a week or two and I am prepared for that but at the same time I couldn't imagine the stall lasting for too long because doing the math I am at a deficit with my calories in vs out and remain very active. I for the most part eat a lot of whole foods with the random treat of an ice cream cone tossed in and that should equate to losses in weight and gains in strength, of course I am not a doctor so I could be wrong but I have a hunch that I'm right on track. My weight has come down daily from Monday until this morning and I am expecting to show a loss tomorrow morning when some of the swelling from yesterdays weight lifting session goes down. The plan is to hit the gym both days this weekend as I have been skipping the weekends for gym workouts and they will both be cardio days, Monday will be weights and cardio and the perpetuation of my drive will go from there.

What the week to come will bring me I am unsure but I will make the best decisions where my intake is involved, I will workout with the weights as well as getting in cardio each and every day and my fate will be decided on those terms, my terms.

That's all I got.

As Ever
Me

1 comment:

  1. The real result of the increase to 2000 cals and the extra weights will come next week, and the week after, and the week after that! Will stick around to see what happens!

    ReplyDelete