Monday, November 9, 2009

More random...

It's Monday so I figured it was time to try and write a post that was not written while drug induced, Let me start by saying that I have pretty much eaten what I wanted to eat since my surgery since I felt like crap and did not really feel up to being strict. I will do a play by play for those interested and for those not interested you can skim the post, After surgery I woke up groggy (obviously) and I was in the Hospital first thing in the am and out early afternoon. My doctor said to me "You will want to go out and eat a big dinner the night after your surgery" and though I would have to disagree with that statement I did eat before I left the Hospital, 2 very small blueberry muffins and 2 cups of apple juice which really seemed to help with the upset feeling that I had in my stomach. Me not wanting to mess with what works ended up eating blueberry muffins and apple juice for the next two days, that's not to say that I didn't eat a proper dinner the next day but the muffins seemed to settle the queezy feeling and the apple juice was preemptive planning for the constipation that I was warned would come with the pain meds that I was given.

By the time Friday came around I was starting to feel a bit better but still sore and starting to go a little crazy from being in the house and not being able to do too much in the way of..well anything without some pain for my efforts. Flash backs of late 2007 were coming into my head where being chained to a couch was the order of the day but for different reasons and I started thinking about how I was doing it back then for so long because a mere 3 days had me bouncing off of the walls, figuratively of course as I just told you I was chained to a couch..again figuratively but you get my point, I hope...of course you do. I was taking walks through my house and out into the driveway as well as around my house just to get moving because it did make things feel better to move a bit by Saturday but I was still very limited with what I could do. Sunday came and I had enough and joined Wify outside for some raking around the yard and I felt amazingly relaxed after we were done, I think just getting outside made a huge difference and I felt pretty good for the rest of the night.

This morning I woke up feeling decent enough that I didn't even take an Aleve for pain, thats not to say that I have none its just a pain level thats more of an uncomfort than anything else. I have also decided that today I will start counting my calories again and my ability to drink lots of fluid came back yesterday so I am going to resume that as well. I do have to admit that I really want to go to the gym because I miss the workouts but to go all the way there just to walk on a treadmill seems silly when I can just walk outside my house so I will hold off on the gym for a few more days at least.

I just haven't been feeling up to writing a post is why its been a while but I suppose its to be expected when finding a comfortable position is a challenge but I will try and get to posting regularly again starting with this post.

Thanks for reading along and thanks for the support, I lived through the surgery and and am getting back to normal again.

As Ever


  1. Hey Im a new follower! Thats great that you are getting back into the swing of things, hope the pain subsides quickly. I know how it is to want to get out of the house but can't really. Mine is for financial reasons though and when I do get out of the house its to the grocery store, gym or work. Thats my life :) but I love it :)

  2. Glad you are back and the surgery went well. Looking forward to regular posts again - yay!

  3. Am glad to hear that it went well...and I hope you can get comfortable soon!

  4. Glad to hear the surgery went well for you and you're doing ok. Hope your full recovery is speedy.